FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Colorado Springs Colorado

Hello from Colorado Springs Colorado

Well I am just getting started in fpv. I have been flying for many years. I grew up flying with my dad in his Cessna 170. We would go to air shows what seemed like every other weekend and just camp out under the wing. I started flying helicopters about 5-6 years ago and just haven't stopped since. I fly everything from micros to my 40% extra 330. I guess I just have this itch to feel what it's like to be up in that plane when I am actually flying it.

I recently bought a ritewing blunt nose zephyr from airbagit13. I am sure you all know him. Should be here Friday. Pretty excited about it. I can honestly say I don't really know anything about what I am going to need for it. I have been doing a lot of reading but there is just so much to learn. I just bought a futaba t9cap radio so now I need a dragon link. As far as a base station I am pretty lost. Being that I live in Colorado I plan on going into the mountains and doing some flying around. So I guess I should just start another thread and maybe I can get some info from you fellow flyers. Anyway hope to hear from you all and if anyone around Colorado springs wants to meet up let me know.

Welcome Wolfman! There's a bunch of us from Colorado on here, and I think there's about 3-4 from the Springs including myself. Join the Colorado FPV'ers Group on here. We plan meets every few months... It's a great place to learn and get help with stuff. Hit me up if you want to fly sometime.
    Brooks

Brooks, N7BLD

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Welcome! I was just in your neck of the woods last weekend for the Pikes Peak races. You'll learn a lot here, I think Colorado is one of the most active areas.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

Thanks Brook I do believe I already joined. I will be sure to get in touch with you for some lessons in fpv.

How were the races this year? I have lived here for 17 years and still haven't been to the hill climb. I wonder if anyone has ever chased a car up the peak during the race?

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    This was my first time at the races, and I had fun but it was looong because of so many cars breaking or crashing. I did the best I could with my tricopter: http://youtu.be/UU58DQQhJB8
    Maybe next year I'll have a rig that can actually keep up, that would be badass!
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

Welcome Wolfman!
    KD0NDC

Welcome to the Lab!
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoFlightMedic View Post
    Welcome Wolfman! There's a bunch of us from Colorado on here, and I think there's about 3-4 from the Springs including myself. Join the Colorado FPV'ers Group on here. We plan meets every few months... It's a great place to learn and get help with stuff. Hit me up if you want to fly sometime.
    Brooks
    I didn't know there were so many from c. springs! Maybe we can meet up sometime to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmandan62976 View Post
    How were the races this year? I have lived here for 17 years and still haven't been to the hill climb. I wonder if anyone has ever chased a car up the peak during the race?
    While that would be fun to race a car up pikes peak, it would also bring a lot of unwanted attention to our hobby. As for the races, they were pretty cool to watch and there were the usual crashes. I dont think anyone got too hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast