Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: SKYLARK OSD REVIEW....

SKYLARK OSD REVIEW....

Okay --- this will be my review of the Skylark OSD. Ironically, I have other OSDs but in all of my FPV flights I've never plumbed one into a plane - I've never needed to. As I've always said - I'm methodical with my FPV approach and only now will I start to venture out further (DL) and incorporate more toys (head-tracking, OSD).

The box arrived from DHL in less than stellar position (and DHL wonders why they have so many issues). This is a shipper's fault - not Skylark.

:

The contents could have been better packaged - especially considering $30 flat rate for shipping. Bubble wrap filling should be a minimum even for solid state electronics. There was none in the box.

The solder joints look good - and consistent. The PCB looks to be of average to good quality. There was a small data sheet included w/ instructions... limited to how to connect the components.

The connector pins are also put together well, and have average light-weight hobby-grade wire going to the connections. All of the connections are esoteric - so you can't really hook it up incorrectly. But they are generic pins - so you can find them online I'm pretty sure. Also, the lenghth of the wires provides for great separation withougt making new harnesses. However, if you have a larger planes or require your own harness you can build your own.

I'll be plumbing this into a plane this weekind and getting some flight tests. My weapon of choice from my stable will be the DeeZee - I need to have it ready by next weekend at the PecanPatch FPV meet -- teaser:

Stay tuned kids!!!
    Last edited by SENTRY; 22nd April 2011 at 12:58 PM.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

If anyone wants to see closeups of anything before I plumb this guy up let me know.

Looking good, should be fun to fly at Pecan Patch.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Ma Hert's in the Heilans, I work away in the Sand Pit.

Hi Sentry,

Thanks for the ongoing review, I ordered one from the guys at Skylarkfpv last week, 15/16 April, they were very helpful indeed as their website fluffed at Paypal 1st. go, they sorted the problem out within hours of my email to them, just have to wait for the camel post to roll up eventually, all rc hobby parts seems to disapear up the black hole of Saudi Post Office and Customs, it does re appear some weeks later having been squeezed and fondled by sticky fingers, musn't grumble though, it is Forbidden to grumble!
    I think your package did not too bad, and was quick too. Looking forwards to your testing and operating phase, thanks.
    Cheers,
    regards to all,
    Al
    No no no, the pointy bit goes to the front!

It looks like a simple and well thought out OSD. It goes together very easily. At least from what I can see in the photos.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Ma Hert's in the Heilans, I work away in the Sand Pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorheid View Post
    Hi Sentry,

Thanks for the ongoing review, I ordered one from the guys at Skylarkfpv last week, 15/16 April, they were very helpful indeed as their website fluffed at Paypal 1st. go, they sorted the problem out within hours of my email to them, just have to wait for the camel post to roll up eventually, all rc hobby parts seems to disapear up the black hole of Saudi Post Office and Customs, it does re appear some weeks later having been squeezed and fondled by sticky fingers, musn't grumble though, it is Forbidden to grumble!
    I think your package did not too bad, and was quick too. Looking forwards to your testing and operating phase, thanks.
    Cheers,
    regards to all,
    Al
    Ah Ha! Zimzalabim! Size of a Box Van, it has been delivered to my real world home adress, my darling wife signed for it.......Oh hum, I'll pick it up when I get back in a week, but 5 weeks for progress, thanks for checking Skylark FPV guys,
    Cheers,

regards to all,
    Al
    No no no, the pointy bit goes to the front!

Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    The box arrived from DHL in less than stellar position (and DHL wonders why they have so many issues). This is a shipper's fault - not Skylark...
    Many thanks for your review, I'm so sorry for what has happened.
    We'll adjust our packing methods to protect from shipping damage.

Kind regards,
    Skylark FPV Service Center

There was no damage - but there could have been. Some peanuts or some bubble wrap will make sure that even if the shipper is careless, the elctronics will arrive in tact!!! This is awesome response and fast!!!!!

I will try to get this in the plane tonight, and do some flying early next week! Thank you Skylark!

looking forward to the vids, looking for a small and easy OSD.

Wow this osd is tiny! I'm really contemplating it.

Does it do imperial?

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast