FPVLAB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So now that we're the biggest FPV forum ...

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    I'm actually working on a few things regarding regulations. The problem with the regs is that we have no control over it. Why? because we are not representing big businesses like Grumman, Boeing, and Aerovironment... all of which have seats on the rule making comittee. Why? Money. They have money and we really don't. They have lobbyists, we don't.

How will it affect us? As hobbyists, it won't. These businesses use us hobbyists for research. However for all those that want to go commercial, it will. You see, the president has called for rulings for allowance of sUAS usage, but left it to the ARC. It is in the best interests of companies like those represented in the ARC (Grumman, boeing, and areovironment - who is chair person of the ARC) would have better interest in keeping small companies out. We as hobbyists regularly make fools of the big guys... and they don't like it because we prove time and time again that we're better. We would be the ones setting up small companies.

Luckily, the rule making committee is fighting groups like AOPA (aircraft owners and pilots association) who want all sUAS grounded...

Thus we hobbyists are caught in the middle. All we need is a small voice to get verbage in their like the advisory circular (I think its 97-51 or something) subpart E which states that if we can justify our actions as reasonably safe we may fly. I am working on a how-to to quickly calculate your danger so that you may continue to fly under these provisions.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Just checking an email on rcg and there are just a fraction of people on the FPV forum compared to this time last year it would seem, and very few names I recognize.

Definitely enjoy this forum the most and a continued thanks to Sentry for getting the Lab going.

That warrants a last beer for the weekend right? Cheers!

You guys actually got this forum going - not me. And the best is yet to come. Couldn't ask for a better group of wing men....

J'son
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    You guys actually got this forum going - not me. And the best is yet to come. Couldn't ask for a better group of wing men....

J'son
    True, but - You were the one with the inspiration to start up another FPV forum to get away from the bullshit on the other place - If not for that, who knows where we'd be.

But, a forum is nothing without its members, so I'd have to also issue a collective thanks to both the people that started the Lab up, and the people who continue to make it a wealth of knowledge and information.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

you're welcome.

LOL

I really didn't invite TBS - they just follow me everywhere I go. But since they are here - f.uck it.

[Private Message From : TRAPPY ]
    [Sent: May 03, 2011]
    [To: Sentry ]

Hey man - since you're the best - I'd like to hang out at your forum. I promise to be good and act normal.
    Let me know,

Raphael
    Last edited by SENTRY; 5th November 2012 at 11:45 AM.

LOL. That's not how this went down ...

[Private Message From : SENTRY ]

Hey man - since you got a huge cock and mine is puny tiny - how about you join my forum?

Let me know,

J'Son

LMFAO

Actually y'all is wrong.. I started this. I had a dream. That one day waffles would rule the world..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=waffl+continu

screw that ... it was for me .. I have the biggest ego out of everyone here ... it was created for me to spill more crap while wasting my life away on the computer. F.uckn' rain (I need some drugs and drink right now .... I never want to be sober again)

RCgroups ... I never really say much there anymore. Gave it my middle finger after I got points for calling MYSELF a loser in a joke thread. That and I love Trappy.
    Whaka's Tinkerings blog --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?36623-Whaka-s-Tinkering&p=631753#post631753
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> ]http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?12544-Tutorial-Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

The one thing I know how to do well with FPV - crash. All in a day of fun!
    I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast