www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Vortex 150 shows stick movements in betaflight/nothing when doing setup wizard

Vortex 150 shows stick movements in betaflight/nothing when doing setup wizard

Ok so like the title says, I will try to keep this kind of short,
    I got my vortex 150 and setup my dx6e for it, got it bound correctly (got the solid orange light on receiver), but the vortex wouldn't recognize it and kept saying no rx detected on the start up screen. Went into the vortex configurator and selected spektrum 2408 from the list, the vortex still wouldn't recognize it.
    Ended up getting rid of my spektrum so I removed the spektrum receiver and put in the FrSky xm receiver I had to use with my qx7. Got them bound (solid green light) and went into the vortex configurator and selected sbus.
    Well the same thing is happening as the spektrum. So I connect to betaflight and I'm getting nothing.
    I read somewhere that there was a problem with the sbus signal and that if I connected that wire from the receiver to the RX pin ok the GPS plug then that would do it, so I did and now I get inputs from the sticks when I move them, but that's only in betaflight and after picking the correct settings.
    Once I unplug the USB and plug a battery to the vortex so I can do the startup wizard I don't get any movement at all. And once I reconnect the vortex to betaflight all the previous settings are gone as I read that it won't be saved on the vortex until I complete the wizard. Had anyone dealt with this before? It's really frustrating seeing it work perfectly and all in betaflight and then getting nothing once I try to run the wizard. I don't want to have to send it back to horizon and wait for the turnaround, I've been fighting this thing for over a week now. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

With the vortex 150 just use the cable that is meant for sbus don't use the gps port. Please have a look in the manual there is is pointed out exactly how to connect the sbus receiver.

As my original post said. I installed the included cable and hooked it up per manual, and still got the same results, when I try to go through the setup and center all sticks I'm not getting any movement, when I go into betaflight and check I'm not getting any stick movement, the only time I get the correct responses from the stick is when I hook the sbus wire to the GPS side, I have tried manually selecting sbus in the vortex configurator, and it says no rx detected. And when I do hook up the sbus wire to the GPS side and get the ports and everything figured out in betaflight for it to all work on screen. I unplug the USB and plug the lipo in to complete the setup wizard but nothing happens because once I unplug the USB all the settings I just did in betaflight are now lost

Nobody has dealt with this before? Should I choose uart 1 for the serial rx? Or do I just have a faulty bird? I'm trying to get this figured out before having to deal with sending it back to horizon to see if the will do anything, I've had this vortex 150 for aboit 2 weeks now and haven't been able to fly it yet, getting kind of frustrated with it

Hi, again don't use the gps port. Use the exisiting sbus cable on the sbus port. Then connect the vortex to the vortex configurator chrome app, hit txwizzard reset and set to sbus in the app. Then run the wizzard in your osd. That should work.

Have you checked your transmitter and made sure your max is high enough for your sticks? You may have to set them at 110% to register

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk