VideoAerialSystems

Thread: Skyhunter bench top test: 5.8ghz video perfect, 1.3ghz black

Skyhunter bench top test: 5.8ghz video perfect, 1.3ghz black

In the final stages of bench top testing before installation in fuselage: DX6, Rlink LRS, Vector, Swift Micro 2. Everything connected, with a 5.8 ghz Immersion RC VTX and goggles, it all works great! OSD and video clear and all vector setups complete.

Now the issue, I have been using the 5.8ghz for assembly since I didn't have my 1.3 VRX yet. As I hope to go longer distances, a 1.3 ghz 800mw VTX from VAS will be used, along with a 1.3ghz receiver. When I unplug the 5.8 VTX and connect the 1.3, the monitor goes black. No OSD, no camera picture but I do have Vector audio warnings coming through. In this situation, if I unplug the camera, the OSD will now display on the black screen and audio continues, never have seen a picture properly on the 1.3.

I know I have a good camera because of the 5.8 working. I know I have vector audio from the warnings. I know without the camera the OSD displays properly without the camera plugged in to the vector. I just don't know why the screen blacks out on 1.3ghz system when the camera is added to the mix.

I have two 1.3 VRX, so I tried each one individually, same result. I have matching CP antennas from VAS installed. Lens covers are off

Once again I ask for guidance

Navigator
    Check your wire order. They can be different from vtx to vtx.

Thanks, do you mean swap white and yellow connections? I assume power and ground are ok since the vtx powers up, would you agree?

Navigator
    Check how the wires come out of the plug on the vtx's. Usually yellow is video, but you never know. I have seen once camera's video pin is anothers vbat. Not good.

Decided to re-wire and solder the video lead from VTX to servo plug. Now it works as it should! As is usually the case, the most obvious issue; no video but receiving audio, pointed to the video signal. Maybe I will learn to start with the obvious and move to the obscure next time.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the RC community for the help you provide.

Now I may proceed with mounting electronics and gluing up the Skyhunter fuselage!!

Brad