Thread: Smartaudio help

Smartaudio help

I need some help with smart audio and a microphone. Quad has a unifypro hv vtx. Smartaudio was working perfectly. I added a camera with a mic and wired it up according to the "ideal connection" on git hub with the two resistors and capacitor. I get good video and I can hear a clicking in the audio until I arm, which I have heard is normal. Smartaudio doesn't work and I get no sound. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Navigator
    From my understanding you can't use both

Just in case anybody else stumbles across this thread, smart audio and audio both work great together. I just tossed the capacitors and resistors in the diagram and simply connected both wires together and it works perfectly.

Navigator
    What do you mean you just connected the wires together? I'm having issues with my core pro osd, unify v3, and zero zero v2. If I connect all 3 pads inside the core pro all I hear is clicking and no sound from the mic and I lose the ability to control the unify, so I wondering do I need to splice the audio wire to the vtx and connect the audio wire from my cam? Because plugging it all into the core pro osd doesn't work and I thought its suppose to with it being plug n play and all.. So any extra details you could add would be greatly appreciated

In the example of the original poster to this thread I don't think he is using a TBS stack, only incorporating a TBS Unify into his build, so to get audio and 'smart audio' (data) both being delivered from the one wire most people need the resistors and/or capacitors etc in line to keep the data signal from becoming audible noise at the audio destination of the wiring. He found he didn't need them so he wired it up without the extra bits and it still worked.
    As for how TBS handles smart audio using the core pro I don't know but I bet you can find answers to that and just ignore what was talked about in this thread because it likely doesn't apply to your particular combination of components.

Navigator
    It's not working for me and I am using the unify v3, zero zero v2, and the core pro osd, I solder the audio and telemetry pads inside the core pro osd together like the tbs faq says and I lose control of the unify v3 and hear a constant beaping thru my monitor speaker, if I connect just the telemetry pad inside the core pro osd, I can once again control the unify v3 with the osd and the beeping over my monitor speaker stops. Has anyone else successfully got this working? I'm running firmware version 2.01 on the core pro, so I don't see why it's not working. As soon as the zero zero is connected to the smart Audio line nothing pertaining to smart audio will work and i hear beaping on the monitor speaker until the zero zero audio wire is disconnected

I have no experience with the core pro OSD. I was using a FC with Betaflight OSD. I do hear the smart audio signals as a clicking noise, but it stops when I arm. You will probably be more likely to get help on the TBS Facebook page.