www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Vortex Pro 250 prop advice needed.

Navigator

Vortex Pro 250 prop advice needed.

Hi All,
    I'm very new to this forum and already it's proving to be an extremely helpful place to gain knowledge from great people all around the world with the same interests. I have a quick question, regarding props and the Vortex Pro 250. I've been flying my Vortex on the stock props that came with it, which are 5x4.5 bullnose and really enjoy how they perform. However being an inquisitive person I'm interested in trying some triblades, but don't want to try these at the detriment of the Vortex. I'd like to try Dal 5x4x3, Dal 5x4.5x3 and Dal Cyclones 5x4.6x3 (or even the Dal Cyclones 5x5x3, but very sceptical about whether these might kill the ESC's, motors, PDB etc..even though Iím not a stick basher). I would be trying these triblades on Pro tune 11 with a 4s 45-90c 1300, only if you guys think these are reasonable ideas. I would really like some feedback from some seasoned Vortex Pro 250 pilots. Hope to get some valuable advice. Cheers everyone, thank you in advance for your time.
    Last edited by Matt.s; 6th December 2017 at 10:16 PM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.s View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm very new to this forum and already it's proving to be an extremely helpful place to gain knowledge from great people all around the world with the same interests. I have a quick question, regarding props and the Vortex Pro 250. I've been flying my Vortex on the stock props that came with it, which are 5x4.5 bullnose and really enjoy how they perform. However being an inquisitive person I'm interested in trying some triblades, but don't want to try these at the detriment of the Vortex. I'd like to try Dal 5x4x3, Dal 5x4.5x3 and Dal Cyclones 5x4.6x3 (or even the Dal Cyclones 5x5x3, but very sceptical about whether these might kill the ESC's, motors, PDB etc..even though Iím not a stick basher). I would be trying these triblades on Pro tune 11 with a 4s 45-90c 1300, only if you guys think these are reasonable ideas. I would really like some feedback from some seasoned Vortex Pro 250 pilots. Hope to get some valuable advice. Cheers everyone, thank you in advance for your time.
    The ESC's and motors are very robust. You can put pretty much any prop under 6 inches, and you will not have to worry about blowing anything up.

Navigator
    Thanks Silverarrow66....that’s great news to get. I really appreciate the reply mate.
    Last edited by Matt.s; 8th December 2017 at 04:29 PM.

You can use a 5" tribblade if your liking.

Navigator
    Thanks IRC...I like the stock blades, but I like the way the quad feels when I fly with the triblades. Just a bit more traction, when your proximity flying...and punch outs are awesome! I suppose I like the locked in feel, and there not making the Vortex run to hot either.