I am fairly new to FPV and I hate to sound like a broken record, however here we go.
I just purchased a full package immersion set 5.8 GHZ Vtx 600MW, RX 5.8 Duo diversity, a EZOSD with sensor and a full anntena tracker system with 8dbi patch attenas 2 of them.
Ok now the issues, as all first timers I went a read all the manuals and forums on how to get set up, really not rocket science and fairly easy to do. I like the plug and play! I have a GoPro Camera Hero2 with the immersion RC cable 2.5 barrel and the 5 pin Molex connector.
1) I simply plugged the camera in to TV out with the 2.5 connector and then plugged the 5 pin molex connector to the ezosd video in.
2) I then plugged the supplied 5 pin molex connector that was already attached to the EZOSD video out into the 5.8 GHZ 600MW Tx
3) I then plugged the power connector from the EZOSD sensor into the Tx
4) all other connections from the sensor were already attached to the OSD
5) I think all is good to this point
6) I then connexted 1 7.4V 1800 MAH 2S Lipo into the reciving deans battery terminal into the sensor (All things light up!...Good thing I believe) Lights are blinking on the OSD, Tx has a light on and camera is up and running. BTW I also had put my supplied 5.8 GHZ whip antenna on the Tx (I learned the hardway about that rule from a previous experience)
7) I then plugged 1 5.8 ghz patch antenna into the Rx duo reciever marked rx1 and then a whip antenna 5.8 ghz larger than the Tx one into rx2 connection. (Hope that is right??)
8) I then plugged a 3.5 barrel video cable into AV 1 and then plugged the composite Yellow video, Red Audio and White Audio connectors to my LCD monitor (Again not rocket science and I know these cable work for AV as I tested them with another camera feed) Ok I am ready now to plug the battery in and watch my wireless feed on the monitor
9) I plug a 3S 11.1V 460 MAH battery into the my 3.5 female barrel connector for the Rx power and lights come on and I can see the rx1 light come on...but low and behold no signal alert on my monitor (Sad)
10) I think to myself it might be a channel problem so i go through the multiple channels with each press of the button on the Rx and listen for the beeps 1, 2, 3, 4 the rx is happy as i hit a channel that does this dance between rx 1 and rx 2, 5, 6, 7, 8...alas nothing no viseo signal (Very sad)
11) So i try to go around the ezosd and sensor and go direct to the tx (again not rocket science) simply take out the video in molex for the go pro and plug into the tx directly and change the connector for power for the tx and plug a battery to the Tx (This is where I got a bit nervous and worried about the 12V and 5V) I plugged a 4.8V 2000MAH Nicad into the tx and it powered up. Camera does not need power as it has it's own supply, turned camera on Tx shows power light and again no signal detected (Very Very sad)
12) Now I think I am a bit of a moron to be so paraniod of power inputs but I believe if I am reading it right the sensor, tx and rx all say they can accept 6-16V so I might be under supplying the voltage requirements for the OSD and sensor by only supplying a 2S 7.4V and then there after for the Tx isolated a 4.8V
If one of the wise experts on this forum could be so kind as to assist this old and tired IT person here I would be most grateful if I could just get one image even the OSD display, I would be a much happier person to live with.
Any responses would be appreciated and I would and could offer up some pics or explain further details. I am thinking I am just missing something very small and I am caught between exploring and timid of over powering the units so your encouragement will certianly boost me forward.
Many Thanks in Advance