Thread: Still No Joy...;(

Still No Joy...;(

Need help please !!

In hooking up the V2 Micro receiver to my Vortex using the UBS connector to channel 1, I get the Green light indicating a successful bind between the Crossfire transmitter and receiver. Still cannot start motors by moving the throttle stick down and right.

On Taranis, have turned off internal RX, turned on CRSF to external, On Crossfire menu, went to the RX page on transmitter and turned channel 1 to USB.

I know I'll need to go to the Vortex Wizard page to calibrate, tried to do this, only got to the first page where it tells me to "Center all controls.". I do this and does not respond to the stick controls.

Must be doing something wrong here ?

Thanks

Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 24th August 2017 at 04:37 PM.

Navigator
    needs to be in ppm mode to work with the vortex

MANY THANKS BUGGZY !!

The video (I watched) said to use CRSF on the external mode and set the RX Mode to SBUS. When I went in and set PPM to both, the Wizard responded and was able to set.

2:20 and 8:20 of this video is what I was using.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAnxZ5tg6UA

Also in the TBS Crossfire manual:

Setting up radio for CRSF With the CROSSFIRE transmitter in place on the radio, you have to change the to change, or make
    sure, that the internal radio is OFF and the external radio protocol (between the radio and transmitter module) is set to CRSF, and change the channel range to only the number you need (8/12.).

Thanks again. Appreciate the help.

Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 25th August 2017 at 08:11 AM.

1st run with the Crossfire went extremely well !!

Quick question: Do I still have access to the 3 flight (Angle-Horizon-Acro) modes when using the V2 Micro receicer ? I was on
    Acro and could not switch the the other 2 modes as I could with the Fr Sky receiver.

Also: Do you lose the audible RSSI alarms and the bar graph on the display screen of the Taranis when switching to the
    Crossfire ?

Thanks

Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 25th August 2017 at 09:11 AM.

Navigator
    Hi, glad you got it flying, as for the 3 modes, yes you can have access to all 3 mods, all you need todo is probably redo the setups in wizard. as for the rest of your question about rssi on the taranis I cant helpyou out on that one as i use a tbs tango.

Does the tbs tango give you telemetry ?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Pond View Post
    Does the tbs tango give you telemetry ?
    heres a quick vid i just made, hope it helps you out.
    the image is a little grainey as i had the camera lens cap on so you can read better whats written.
    once you get tbs stuff going and working theres no going back to anything after.

Last edited by buggzy; 25th August 2017 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks for the video. I Like the Tango's features and may have to eventually go that route.

On the Taranis, Still trying to get the Mode set on the V2 micro-receiver like I had it on the Fr Sky D4R-ii receiver. It was initially set on the Taranis's menu page by activating any switch to arm. Not wanting to do with the V2. Anyone ?

Got it figured out. Thanks for your help !!

*In your video, what receiver antennae are you using on your Vortex ?

Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 25th August 2017 at 12:48 PM.