VideoAerialSystems

Thread: VAS Pepperbox 1.3 question?

Navigator

VAS Pepperbox 1.3 question?

I bought a used 1.3 Pepperbox on Rcgroups classifieds. It got pretty beat up during shipping to me. The plastic had detached from the back plate and several of the crosshair wires were bent slightly. I am wondering if i bend the wires back straight and glue the plastic back to the backplate will this effect the performance of the antenna. I am trying to work with the seller so if it can be repaired and not effect performance i will be okay with it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_000 (13).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	77365

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Be VERY careful and straighten the wires. It doesn't need to be perfect, but just get it close. Other than that, the antenna looks ok. Shipping companies are absolutely terrible at handling packages and most private sellers don't realize that a pack of wild gorillas will do a better job handling a package than most shipping carriers.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Navigator
    Thanks Alex thats what i was hoping you would say.

I work for a shipping company and while I agree that that IBCrazy is right I believe that 99% of damage is due to poor packaging. If you package something so it can handle a 5 foot drop it will most likely arrive in good condition. You also have to consider that your package may not be at the top of the shipping container. If its on the bottom then it could easily have hundreds of other parcels on top and some of those could weigh up to 70 pounds... Anything very fragile should be double boxed with a good cushioning between each box. Also keep in mind that many companies will not pay an insurance claim if the item is inadequately packaged. I withheld the name of my employer because I am not an official representative and this post reflects my only my personal opinion.

Navigator
    It was poor packaging for sure. The Antenna was in a box with newspaper packing material.