Thread: Crossfire and Vortex

Crossfire and Vortex

Making Progress but not fully !!

I have the crossfire and V2 micro receiver bound to the vortex. Showing solid green lights. Cannot at this time get vortex to respond to stick commands from my Taranis. Tried running the wizard and I get to the first screen where it tells me to "center all sticks" i do this and will not go to next command.

I am using the Servo Adapter that came with the V2 Micro Receiver to connect the SBUS to channel 1. On the Crossfire Transmitter I went into RX programs and set channel 1 to SBUS. Do I need the "jumper" plug connected between channels 3 + 4 ?

I have turned off the Iinternal receiver on page 2 of vortex menu, turned on, External receiver to CRSF Channels 1-16. Am I missing something here ?

Thanks

Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 4th May 2018 at 09:37 AM.

Navigator
    I don't think you need the adapter

Did get to work using adapter. Can't remember exactly what I did at the time, been a while since set up, but is working great. Believe i had to set internal menu to PPM for control.

Cary

Navigator
    I'm sure it will work with the adapter, but you don't need it... The adapter is for if you need control and rssi output, or for connecting to a flight controller using crsf or mavlink or serial pass thru, or if you connect to flight controller using ppm or sbus, and you want to also use another physical channel to connect smart audio to your vtx or fpv camera to change settings using your transmitter sticks.. But if your simply only using 1 physical channel to strea, ppm or sbus into a flight controller then you don't need it.. It should have came with another plug with only 3 wires coming out of it for connecting like that.. Especially if you use ppm, with ppm you can stream all your rc channels along with rssi, link quality all using just that 1 plug. Then you don't have to added weight of the adapter or the unnecessary spaghetti mess of wires...

So now you know for next time....