Thread: Micro-vector question

Navigator

Micro-vector question

Just finished a very successful test flights of my new Flinch. The only issue I had was I can't get the compass to calibrate, thus not loiter or rth.

I flip the mode switch 7 times, make sure I am clear of all metal, flip the mode switch again and get the green led, start a slow tumble, but it never changes to red.

I have the mode and sub-mode set correctly. I am set up for failsafe in switch mode. On the screen all flight modes are selectable. Everything changes flight modes just fine, stabilization is fine, but no loiter or rth without the compass.

After a half dozen attempts, I figure it's time to ask what the hell I am doing wrong.

Have you enabled the magnetic compass? On fixed wing, you should only be using the GPS compass, which only works once you begin moving (it gets heading off of directional movement from gps). Magnetic compass is for multi rotors which need it to function.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Have you enabled the magnetic compass? On fixed wing, you should only be using the GPS compass, which only works once you begin moving (it gets heading off of directional movement from gps). Magnetic compass is for multi rotors which need it to function.

Ok, that makes sense. Will do. Thanks.

Another question, what does require 3d fix do?

It doesn't allow you to arm and take off before you've gotten a 3 dimensional gps fix. This is more crucial for multi rotors as it's absolutely needed for any flight mode to work. Standard minimum satellites on fixed wing is fine.

Navigator
    Awesome, Hoss, much appreciated.

I was super impressed with the Flinch. Slow to mach speed, she flys great. Running a Cobra 2814/10 1700kv with a 9x4.5 APC on 3s she rips out of one's hand. Will be more relaxing now knowing rth is working.

Greg and I have been talking of a mountain trip. Not sure yet. Any talk from the boys about a fall Hartsel run? May just have to run up there for a couple days next week or so, now I'm pretty much recovered from the knee replacement thing.