FPVLAB

Thread: Does anyone here fly FPV Airplane like this?

Navigator

Red face Does anyone here fly FPV Airplane like this?

Does anyone here fly FPV Airplane like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20637903_2106302486061964_3740012725830076897_n.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	77323

Twin boom pusher is a good way to go, Skyhunter models are the most popular of the lot. If you have the propeller in front of the camera it causes "zebra effect", the propeller disturbs the image some. Tailless pusher planes like the Joker and the Zephyr tend to have issues with staying nice and stable, short tailed planes like the mini-talon work ok but are pretty limited on how much motor weight you can put on the tail, twin motor planes work well at the expense of a small amount of extra weight, low wing pod and boom planes like the Bixler and Raptor have issues with efficiency (the thrust angle is pointed down instead of straight across the wing), high wing pusher pod and boom planes like the Skywalker have issues with efficiency because there is more "pod" hanging out in the breeze. Having two vertical stabilizers is more draggy than one stab, but the Skyhunter style design is pretty primo stuff in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by parajared View Post
    Twin boom pusher is a good way to go, Skyhunter models are the most popular of the lot. If you have the propeller in front of the camera it causes "zebra effect", the propeller disturbs the image some. Tailless pusher planes like the Joker and the Zephyr tend to have issues with staying nice and stable, short tailed planes like the mini-talon work ok but are pretty limited on how much motor weight you can put on the tail, twin motor planes work well at the expense of a small amount of extra weight, low wing pod and boom planes like the Bixler and Raptor have issues with efficiency (the thrust angle is pointed down instead of straight across the wing), high wing pusher pod and boom planes like the Skywalker have issues with efficiency because there is more "pod" hanging out in the breeze. Having two vertical stabilizers is more draggy than one stab, but the Skyhunter style design is pretty primo stuff in my opinion.
    I agree I just picked up a Skyhunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigator
    wow! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    wow! Thanks.
    Check out VAS Banshee and Specter, LEG Starburst line too if you want a tough EPP twin boom pushers.
    youtube.com/channel/UCM9fX_ZdQtg2bSl_Y37oiFw

Hitting trees, through the trees.