Thread: Whatís going on in the Bay Area?...

Whatís going on in the Bay Area?...

Yooooo! I have had a hard time finding Bay Area folks in this forum. Whoís in the Bay Area? Trying to find new friends to fly with, and spots besides Baylands. Iíve got a Banshee that needs a buddy, so letís do this! Thanks to FlightClub for being such a welcoming group, miss you all and need to make it up there more often. Iím sort of new, from Colorado, and miss the active Whatís going on in Colorado thread. Letís make something happen here in the Bay!
    youtube.com/channel/UCM9fX_ZdQtg2bSl_Y37oiFw

Hitting trees, through the trees.

Sorta bay area here.Live in Santa Cruz and work in the south bay.Besides Baylands there is another spot in south San Jose that can be fun.We fly planes a decent amount here in Santa Cruz moe often it is longer range than proximity but do some of both.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    Sorta bay area here.Live in Santa Cruz and work in the south bay.Besides Baylands there is another spot in south San Jose that can be fun.We fly planes a decent amount here in Santa Cruz moe often it is longer range than proximity but do some of both.
    What are spots you know of in San Jose area? What are your favorite SC spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    be sure to check out the norcal FPV group on fb, there's tons of smaller local groups out of there which are all over the bay area and a pilot near you to make fun of when he crashes.. the ASL is a big org in the bay and throws events all the time so check them out too..
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by squishy View Post
    be sure to check out the norcal FPV group on fb, there's tons of smaller local groups out of there which are all over the bay area and a pilot near you to make fun of when he crashes.. the ASL is a big org in the bay and throws events all the time so check them out too..
    Thanks Squishy. Trying to keep it on FPVlabs though, as a lot of us donít want to use Facebook. Iím trying to get a presence here on the lab, and keep it on this thread. (Iím just jealous of ďwhatís going on in ColoradoĒ and miss that conversation being local to me. I know I need to come up to you guys soon, Charlie misses Rozzi too for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    That's a good idea, we never really had much norcal presents on the lab although there's tons of us here and many started here years ago...there was an old thread for parkflying on RCG that lasted almost a decade...maybe we can get dude to give us a section? I'll hold him down and you tickle him!
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Hey Tmhyland map 6671 Via Del Oro San Jose CA that's the spot in South San Jose. It's like a large city block that's just a field and some trees. If you look on Sattelite maps there you can see a small dirt road that pulls in by the trees on the northeast corner that you can pull into and fly from. Some locals call it field of dreams. It's not a park so not really used by many others besides an occasional dog walker. From the dirt road turn n you can fly through the trees or out over the open field. I hear there are a lot of los helicopter pilots there on weekend mornings but not sure as I usually go weekday afternoons or later on weekend days.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.