Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crtossfire and Vortex

Crtossfire and Vortex

Hey guys:

Just ordered the Crossfire for my 250 Vortex. Looking ahead at installing the system, the transmitter setup and binding seems straight forward. I'm using the standard 8 channel diversity receiver.

Question I have here is using this receiver with the Vortex 250. I had been using the Frysky DR4-II receiver with this and channels 3 + 4 were shorted together with a cap and the connector was on channel 1 for control.

Is this the way it is accomplished with the 8 channel diversity receiver ?

Thanks for your help here...

Also, just noticed that when I ordered the Crossfire, there was no mention of a receiver included in the package. Does this need to be ordered separately depending on which you prefer ?

http://www.team-blacksheep.com/produ...d:crossfire_tx

Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 22nd July 2017 at 04:42 PM.

Doesn't look like it comes with an RX, you might find the standard size rx is big for that little quad. I have the micro on my vortex 285. Just changed the connector so I can plug it direct in( I have the V1 micro rx).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

j5coat:

Thanks for the quick reply. That's the way I'll go. Looks like an easy set-up I have the 150-250-285. May have to get 3 of these micro receivers !!!

How do you like the Crossfire ? What kind of range do you get and penetration ?

I have Clearview 5.8 for VTX. Hope the Crossfire gives good TX. Again, thanks for your (future) help here !!

Cary

Range is great for these mini quads. Alot more punch than your 5.8 signal is going to have.

Navigator
    Have any of y'all figured out how to get RSSI down to the immersion OSD?

Also:

When I receive the Crossfire Transmitter and micro-receiver, do you always have to update them ? Do they sell them with "old firmware" . Not that I won't be to update them when they come in. Just wondering.

Cary

yes, always update them. we do not ship with the latest firmware. we ship with "milestone firmware". there are updates almost every 2 weeks, we try to ship with something fairly recent but never the latest.

I would update them and fly, just check back for any major fixes. I don't do every update if it's working good as is.

Thanks Trappy and j5coat !! Will take your advice. Have TBS Crossfire and micro receiver ordered. Just waiting to come in.

Received my TBC Crossfire and V2 micro receiver. Have successfully updated crossfire to latest firmware. Now to connect the micro-receiver to Vortex 250 and bind. The receiver came with a TBS Servo Adapter and cable that connects the two together. Is this what I use to connect to my Vortex connector ? I was using the Fr Sky D4R-ii with a jumper on channels 3+4 and receiver cable attached to channels 1 + 2. Can I do it this way with the supplied adapter. Getting really excited about the Crossfire and hope to get set-up soon !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0711.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	77317

Thanks Cary
    Last edited by Cary Pond; 8th August 2017 at 10:26 PM.