Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discovery endurance era over?

Be reasonable people, the little market that DJI has not taken already is not enough to sustain offering these products. It's sad but it's the way it is. To compete with DJI, TBS products have always lacked that last inch of consumer friendliness.

" To compete with DJI, TBS products have always lacked that last inch of consumer friendliness"

LMAO are you kidding? I would deal with trappy and the gang at TBS long before DJI and any other company for that matter!! I have had nothing short of impeccable service and support from these guys
    flyin HIGH

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    ^^ what parts are up for sale?
    I'll have to look to be sure, but I think I've got at least one full set of motors and ESCs, 13" and 15" props, and at least a full set of arms/plastic bits. But like I said, it's been a while since I looked in that bin, LOL. I'll try to check later today.
    Shut up and fly.

LOL I know what ur sayin, I have a parts bin too this used pro I bought outta Germany aint here yet so I not sure what I need, I have enough amob here but may need props motors and esc's if the ones on it are junk
    flyin HIGH

For endurance and high quality filming a Phantom seems to be the better solution. 20mins flight time, with directional TX antennas easily 5km range, Camera fully controllable, reliable RTL - such a package is hard to find. Sure, a Pixhawk does a good job in RTL. But still no intelligent flight batteries, a Pixhawk is not aware how long the way home will take. And how will you control a Gopro?
    And the footage from a TBS Vendetta with an experienced pilot on the sticks is really nice. With 7" Props the flight time is also fine.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    LMAO are you kidding? I would deal with trappy and the gang at TBS long before DJI and any other company for that matter!! I have had nothing short of impeccable service and support from these guys
    I was thinking more about the accessbility rather than customer support. TBS products can be hard to come by, DJI products you can pick up almost anywhere. And they are basically idiot proof, which is not entirley the case for TBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
    I was thinking more about the accessbility rather than customer support. TBS products can be hard to come by, DJI products you can pick up almost anywhere. And they are basically idiot proof, which is not entirley the case for TBS.
    ya ur rite xaser. I am now scratching my head and looking all over to buy a set of the tbs 400kv prop adapters for a used pro I bought. tbs discontinued the endurance line. all I can buy for it now is motor bearings. my disco endurance I built a few yrs ago I used DJI e600 motors and esc's. I can use either inspire props or any 3hole props on it.
    flyin HIGH