Thread: Runcam Split with a Vector

Runcam Split with a Vector

Hey gang, has anyone out there tried out a Runcam Split with a Vector? Any way to power this thing out of the box? I just shipped myself a Strix Goblin along with a Runcam Split, which seems like the perfect application! Thanks.

If this will be our only FPV Cam, take care. The Split needs a rock solid (!) 5V, it might even get problems at 4.8V.
    And even more important: Only the best food. U3 Class SDCards are mandatory. If the cam cannot save fast enought, it can freeze your FPV Stream. It will still output a valid PAL / NTSC Signal, so your OSD will continue working.
    Had this on a racer. Class10 SDCard worked fine for 4 Flights, and on the 5th the image froze after 35 secs.
    I recommend to make RTL working reliable 1st with a normal cam before using the Split alone.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Thanks very much for the tip -- especially the SD card as I haven't seen that one. I've tried using a separate UBEC but was still getting freezing on an SD card that works perfectly in my GoPro for 1080 at 60 fps so wasn't expecting this to be a problem. I'll have to double check exactly what kind of card it is.

Yeah, same with mine. I took the card from a 3+ Black Edition, worked fine in 1080p30 Protune. In the Runcam 3 (go one ) occasionally it stopped writing a file, and after a while it continued on the next one. This happend just a very few times, maybe every 8-10 flights. A Sandisk U3 did not show it. Stupid me used this Class10 card in the Split.
    That's what happend:

No issues till now with the U3 card. But I did not test that much, currently we have the famous swiss liquid sunshine outside :-(
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Oh no was your quad ok? I lived in Neutchatel for a year and loved it.

Now I just have to solve the problem of the Split freezing at the white startup screen 50% of the time!

Navigator
    The main issue that it needs at least 650mAh @5v. I have mounted one on my new Micro Wraith and ended up putting a small 5v bec just for the Split. A simpler solution is probably a 5v/1A pololu voltage regulator, but I didn't have any of those on hand .
    Using a 64gb Class10 sdcard with seemingly no issues?

FPV view is a bit more fuzzy than your regular HS1177...might be better on a less smokey day, but setting up the gaps was harder than it should have been. Forgot my SD card for the DVR, so can't show the comparion.