Thread: Micro Crossfire update via BST

Micro Crossfire update via BST

I have a Micro Crossfire V1 that failed at firmware update.(continuous flashing green light)
    It was never bound to my transmitter but when first plugged in tried to update.

I have a friend with the Diversity crossfire RX and just want to unsure I understand the updating process.

I should be able to just connect the micro via BST to the Diversity RX then plug in the USB of the Diversity RX to TBS Agent.

Will this sense the Micro and update it also as well as the Diversity?

Thanks in advance!

Quad newbie
    See https://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-...ire-manual.pdf

Section Emergency update:

For the micro receiver it is a little bit more complicated. As the device itself does not have a USB connecterthe firmware needs to be loaded by BST for emergency update. This requires a TBS CORE PRO or adiversity receiver. Connect the micro receiver to one of those devices by BST. Press and hold the bindbutton of the micro receiver while powering up the TBS CORE PRO or the diversity receiver by USB. In caseof the diversity receiver you need to keep pressing the bind button while powering up the micro receiverwith an own power supply.The LED of the micro receiver should blink fast which indicates the receiver is in bootloader mode.Open your TBS Agent and load the latest version. Once the device connected directly to the USB isupdated, the TBS Agent will update the micro receiver too.
    Steve.
    W7STE

Thanks for the reply. I looked in the manual but I guess I missed that section

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SOOOO. If you get the micro-receiver, you cannot directly hook up to the USB and navigate the TBS website for a quick firmware update. Is this true with the V2 edition ?

Thanks

Cary

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Pond View Post
    SOOOO. If you get the micro-receiver, you cannot directly hook up to the USB and navigate the TBS website for a quick firmware update. Is this true with the V2 edition ?

Thanks

Cary
    The Micro will update firmware wirelessly when paired to a transmitter. The V2 does not have a USB either.

The issue I had which was fixed via a BST link was somehow the update failed and needed to be forced.

Same here I have 2 V1 and needed to force one using my core pro.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Navigator
    I just updated my Crossfire TX, Diversity RX and Micro V2 RX (Using BST port on Diversity) successfully to version 2.05. However when I tried to update my Micro V1 RX, using the BST method I got an error about an invalid address. I tried again flashing V1.57 and this worked successfully so I bound the Micro V1 RX and let it do the update to 2.05 OTA. The TX module screen says the update has been completed successfully however I get a green flash on the RX led and re-powering both TX & RX and trying to re-bind results in no connection. Anyone else experienced issues with the Micro V1 to v2.05?

Cheers,
    Warwick.

Navigator
    i have a "stupid" question, im running a tango with crossfire module, i have powercubes on all my drones, they all have a core pro also and a micro v2 receiver, to get rssi, do i need to pug the micro in a bst port on the core pro ????