FPVLAB

image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Cobra wing esc issues

  1. #11
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    283
    just depends on the conditions. if your landing area likes to snag props and your plane comes in hot you will break the prop. If you have a great landing area and you can always come in slow then the windmilling prop is a great way to slow down.

    My slow capi didnt have a brake and the props were fine. My other two wings will break a prop every other landing without the brake on.

  2. #12
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    48
    That makes sense. The only place I fly is at my club field, and our runway is mowed a few times a week. It's probably the reason why I've never broken a prop. Thanks for the reply Tronsky...I appreciate the feedback.

  3. #13
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    I use this one in my HC44. It works very well, except that I bust a propeller now and then because there in no brake:
    http://innov8tivedesigns.com/parts/s...-switching-bec

    To remedy this I bought this usb dongle:
    http://innov8tivedesigns.com/cobra-usb-programmer

    I got the gui installed and connect the esc. When I try to read the esc the gui don't recognize the firmware and wants me to flash the esc. I get to choose from a whole lot of esc blheli firmwares, but none are named cobra wing esc. In fact none of the options are even cobra. What do I do?

    Also... Wing escs cant be programmed with a programming card or sticks.
    Havard,

    Did you get it to work? I finally did. An 80A Cobra Wing ESC shows up as a Multistar 40a for me.

    Download this version of BL Heli (The BL Heli configurator via Chrome does not work): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dx6...4l/BLHeliSuite

    You need to have the following files installed (I made sure I did to play it safe/need them for multi rotors anyway) to ensure that the Cobra USB linker works correctly on the PC:
    CP210x Drivers: http://www.silabs.com/products/devel...ge-vcp-drivers
    STM VPC USB Drivers: http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32102.html

    Extract the BL Heli archive to wherever you please and run BLHeliSuite.exe
    Choose the SILABS BL Heli Bootloader (USB/Com) option under the Select Atmel/SILABS Interface drop down tab (top of the window)
    Choose the correct com port number under Port (bottom left)
    Click Connect
    Click Read Setup
    Make any changes that you want, and when done, click Write Setup
    Click Disconnect

    To verify that the changes you made have taken, exit the application, restart it, Connect, and then Read Setup

    I have successfully removed the braking option and changed the timing to high on my Cobra 80A Wing ESC for my Microdan 2700kv motor.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BL Heli.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	77181


    IMPORTANT: **When you connect your ESC, remember that it has to be powered by a battery in order for it to be visible in the BL Heli program.**

    I hope this helps.

    -Mike
    Last edited by Surg; 14th July 2017 at 04:15 AM.

  4. #14
    Co-Pilot Håvard Støre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Norway, West coast
    Posts
    1,676
    Great work Surg! I appreciate it. I will give it a try this weekend

  5. #15
    Young Skywalker Rfriedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Surg View Post
    Havard,

    Did you get it to work? I finally did. An 80A Cobra Wing ESC shows up as a Multistar 40a for me.

    Download this version of BL Heli (The BL Heli configurator via Chrome does not work): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dx6...4l/BLHeliSuite

    You need to have the following files installed (I made sure I did to play it safe/need them for multi rotors anyway) to ensure that the Cobra USB linker works correctly on the PC:
    CP210x Drivers: http://www.silabs.com/products/devel...ge-vcp-drivers
    STM VPC USB Drivers: http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32102.html

    Extract the BL Heli archive to wherever you please and run BLHeliSuite.exe
    Choose the SILABS BL Heli Bootloader (USB/Com) option under the Select Atmel/SILABS Interface drop down tab (top of the window)
    Choose the correct com port number under Port (bottom left)
    Click Connect
    Click Read Setup
    Make any changes that you want, and when done, click Write Setup
    Click Disconnect

    To verify that the changes you made have taken, exit the application, restart it, Connect, and then Read Setup

    I have successfully removed the braking option and changed the timing to high on my Cobra 80A Wing ESC for my Microdan 2700kv motor.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BL Heli.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	77181


    IMPORTANT: **When you connect your ESC, remember that it has to be powered by a battery in order for it to be visible in the BL Heli program.**

    I hope this helps.

    -Mike
    Which programmer did you use?

  6. #16
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    Which programmer did you use?
    Rfriedman, here you are:

    http://innov8tivedesigns.com/parts/s...usb-programmer

  7. #17
    Co-Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    1,867

  8. #18
    Crash Test Pilot atron73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    56
    I have the 60amp Cobra RMRC sells for the Atlatus replacement. Brake is not set, thanks for starting the thread Hovard.

  9. #19
    Young Skywalker Rfriedman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by atron73 View Post
    I have the 60amp Cobra RMRC sells for the Atlatus replacement. Brake is not set, thanks for starting the thread Hovard.
    I'm in the same boat but with a Goblin. I'll go ahead and give the Turnigy USB linker a try. Thanks for the explanation Surg.

  10. #20
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    I'm in the same boat but with a Goblin. I'll go ahead and give the Turnigy USB linker a try. Thanks for the explanation Surg.
    My pleasure brother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Cobra 1960 getting hot
    By Tholzget in forum ROTORCRAFT
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 1st September 2015, 06:49 AM
  2. Cobra Questionable Marketing????
    By Holski77 in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3rd August 2015, 11:44 PM
  3. New Cobra Mini-motor?
    By Blankety Blank in forum ROTORCRAFT
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20th July 2015, 01:05 AM
  4. Cobra 2204/1960 or Cobra 2208/2000 on 6045 and 4S
    By installerblizz in forum ROTORCRAFT
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24th May 2015, 10:39 AM
  5. Cobra motors
    By hjscm in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th June 2013, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •