Thread: TBS Unify Pro HV Issue

TBS Unify Pro HV Issue

Hey guys,

Anyone know why a VTX would act as mine is? It basically will completely black out, then white out, then go negative, then come back. Not always does it go through all those phases - sometimes it goes negative and comes back, sometimes it goes white and comes back, but it is very odd and it's not an old VTX. I have changed the camera and it still continues, so I know it is not that.

Here's a quick video of what it looks like. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUpe...ature=youtu.be

Maybe overheat?, I had a similar problem and it's when I put it at 500-800mw. Then,when it's cold works fine again.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Possibly, but it's happening immediately now - as soon as I plug it in, before it has a chance to heat up. I have another that works fine - no issues ever. Thanks for the reply.

not heating related. this looks like a broken fpv camera. if you have already replaced the camera I would look at the cabling, perhaps a fractured GND between vtx and camera?

Ok, I'll check / replace cabling and report back. Thanks.

Ok, I checked / played with / inspected with a magnifying glass and tested with goggles on all of the wiring. I could notice no difference in the way it acted as I played with it. I then set it to 25mw, unplugged it to let it cool down, then plugged it back in. I fired it up and let it sit for a while, then played with it for a while and the video was perfect. I then set it to 800 and watched in the goggles - it started to flicker like once a second, then increased frequency that it was flickering until it started to do the same thing in the video. I then swapped cameras with a brand new one and the issue continued. I have all of this on DVR if you need proof (even me changing the power level and swapping the camera I filmed with the flight cam), but it seems it is either heat or something else related to the power level that is causing it, as it's perfect at 25mw.

Raphael, will you swap it out for me? I have other unify's on other quads and they all operate perfectly - I'm very happy with them. This one seems to have issues though. I submitted a ticket about it at the same time as creating this thread. Thanks man.

can you put a DVR in the ticket? If it acts like you say it acts, all we need is the "Batch number" on the back to verify and we're good to go for a replacement.

Thanks. Yes, I'll add the video and the numbers. Thanks brother.