Thread: PC control of a boat, with internet option

PC control of a boat, with internet option

I'm just looking into FPV and what I want to do so I'm not sure if this was the right forum but sounded like it. Here's what I would like to do.

I sail and race radio controlled sailboats, I would like to add FPV to one of my boats and have that be displayed on a PC. I would also like to be able to control the boat from the same PC. Controls are simple, just 2 servos, rudder and sail control. So I don't need a lot of the extra features needed for drones.

The second part of my questions, is there a way to control the boat through the internet? Someone would have the controls on their PC, the other end of the internet would be the boat.
    Why you may ask? One of my club members has been working over in China for a year, probably be there at least another year, I'm near Boston. He said he would like to see if we could set a boat up with FPV so he could sail with us.

If I can control a boat from a PC what software and hardware would I need? What would it take to add internet control.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.

John

Navigator
    You can try this for the control from PC
    http://www.flytron.com/rc-electronic...converter.html

If you had that setup you could use Team viewer or similar for them to remote into your computer, lag may be an issue though.
    TBS Disco - Naza M V2 GPS - Hobbyking Tek Sumo, VAS Wraith, Skysurfer

The Team Viewer is a great idea. I use something similar in work. I write control programs for industrial machines. Sometimes the service techs are having problems so they get online with the controller and I can take over their laptop and troubleshoot the problem. That would work fine.

I don't quite understand the CompuFly adapter. What does it connect to? Does that plug into your PC and the trainer port on the transmitter? if so then do you connect a joystick to your PC and control the transmitter through their software?

Thanks for getting back to me with the info
    John