Thread: Where to buy G2 canopy?

Where to buy G2 canopy?

I had a lackluster experience with having my local UPS store 3D print the hero canopy for the G2. It was far too brittle.

Anyone have a recommendation of a reputable place to order it from online? There are several 3D printing companies online but I don't want to just randomly choose one.

I'd also love to hear what material/settings were used more successfully.

I ended up getting my own 3D printer and am starting to experiment with materials and settings. Does anyone else have tips/advice on printing them?

Navigator
    I ended up doing the same, just getting a 3D printer. Turns out I use it for all kinds of things. I have had great success with PLA and a 3mm thickness. 3mm seems to be just strong enough, but incase of a serious wipe out will break and take most of the energy of the crash sparing the copter. I print all my VTX and antenna holders. If you need one, here is a little holder for a TBS Micro Crossfire and antenna that fits on the back of a 7" G2 frame - here is the link for the .stl - https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6slhxdu9j...t.stl.zip?dl=0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6404.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	77179 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6405.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	77180

That is extremely helpful. Thanks

Navigator
    One more note. 3D modelers. I started out using FreeCad in OSX. It's ok - but not very intuitive and seems to have it's share of bugs. It was nearly impossible if possible at all to go back and edit something a few weeks later. Since then I have changed to TinkerCad and have not looked back. I can do stuff in TinkerCad in half an hour that used to take 4-5 hours in FreeCad.

https://www.tinkercad.com