Thread: Were do you keep your Quads?

Were do you keep your Quads?

ok I live in Florida and want to know where you guys keep your Quads and Parts. I have a workshop/shed that im thinking of moving my quads and building supplies into. i wont keep my batteries out there. Would this adversely effect my Quads? I am worried about the heat

ideally the lipo are kept in small concrete bunker, with bag of play sand as the lid. That way if a lipo blows, the sand bag will burst and snuff out the fire

though I keep my lipo in an aluminum 'truck box' in my home. The aircraft are everywhere, LOL
    another friggin lawn dart. love it

I keep quite a few quads hanging in trees.... with the lipos still attached

Seriously though, I keep the batteries in ammo boxes in an area without flammable material around or under them. As for heat how hot are we talking? depending on the level of heat frames both plastic and composite may show signs of expansion/shifting but it would have to be really hot!!! as for the electronics some can be finicky about prolonged periods of intense heat most notably capacitors... although there are actual data sheet limits on pretty much every component out there... mfgs. will always list what are acceptable temps for their devices in the instructions so be sure to check there.

Were do you keep your Quads?

In Houston we have nearly same humidity. If workshop air conditioned ok. I started hanging helis on a rack in garage and things I never thought would rust did! Extended heat and humidity not good. A dehydrator would probably work also. Built place to store things in Hollywood bath next to my office. Was not really used so is good.

Batteries in LiPo sacks on marble top. I am no longer as paranoid about batteries. I keep eye on their condition and dispose of any that start to build internal resistance, puff etc. Think of all the folks out there that do stupid with batteries and there just aren't fires like their used to be. Good chargers made biggest difference I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JCLs; 19th May 2017 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffanon View Post
    ok I live in Florida and want to know where you guys keep your Quads and Parts. I have a workshop/shed that im thinking of moving my quads and building supplies into. i wont keep my batteries out there. Would this adversely effect my Quads? I am worried about the heat
    In Florida it's not the heat that will get you it's the humidity and if you live near the coast the salt in the air, best bet would be inside an air conditioned area, but if you are going to store you gear in a non-conditioned space I would recommend it be stored in a sealed plastic bag.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Concrete blocks can be purchased for about $1 per block here in the United States.

A proper lipo bunker can be built for less than $15.

Something to consider especially when the occasional "I had a lipo fire" thread keeps popping up here and there on the net.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	76907

Wow thanks guy its not Ac'ed. I'll keep the Quads in the house for now. My lipos I store in a Fire Bucket Which is A bucket meant to snuff out fires its lid is Spring loaded and air tight and i put Sand and inswool in it as well. Iworry the heat in summer would be bad for lipo's kept in 90 to 110 degrees