Thread: Pixhawk connection problem

Pixhawk connection problem

I have a new Pixhawk and it won't connect to Mission Planner. I got the firmware in it and my computer see's it on com106 in the device manager under comports. It still won't connect. Deleted MP and reloaded it. Hit the reset button. held button while powering to enter bootloader mode. Firmware is installed but won't connect with MP.

Try uploading a copter or plane, whichever you don't want. Also try a different cable and usb port. I had that happen on one pixhawk.
    "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve"
    Kid Rock

I had trouble updating FW with a new unit recently. Was trying to load updated Y6 firmware. It finally connected when I tried to load arduplane FW, then after that just swapped the FW to copter. It's a finicky little bitch sometimes.

On another unit, had to use APM Planner on a Mac to load new firmware, then hook it up to my PC and Mission Planner (my preference) to start configuring.

Sometimes disconnecting most peripherals will will help you connect. Sometimes using the reset button instead of unplugging/plugging when installing FW is key.

Lots of good tips on DIYDrones as well. Just google DIYDrones Pixhawk and some key words suited to your issue.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Another tip, you can actually get 3DR tech support in live chat to work with you real time for any issues.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Thanks guys. Figured out the sd card wasn't properly inserted. Fixed that and it worked. Thanks again.