FPVLAB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm the new guy from Gainesville, FL

I love the area. I have ten acres and more cows as neighbors than people. Cant beat that!

Sure can't. After dealing with neighbors/neighborhood associations for the past few years we have decided that we need to live on at least 5 acres out in the country so that we can do whatever we dang well please.

So at this point in my newbness, I am spending more time repairing my crashes as I am flying .

#quadrotorcrazy

I had a magnificent series of crashes and snapped my helical antenna clean off. I am positive that I saw a thread on here that showed a superlight and compact diy transmitter antenna for a micro-sized quadcopter. My search-fu is failing me now though and I cannot find it for the life of me.

This great

[QUOTE=FloridaQuads;832040]Great! Maybe we can get some events started around this area. I've only got the tiny whoop right now, but on the lookout for deals

Hi guy from Williston. This is great we could start a multi GP chapter. And you have way more experience with quads than we do would love to pick you brain sometime. Sorry it took me a while to answer my coworker ended up in the hospital and I've been doing both of our jobs and there just hasn't been enough time in a day it seems.
    do either of you have any posted footage? Where do you guys like to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaQuads View Post
    I had a magnificent series of crashes and snapped my helical antenna clean off. I am positive that I saw a thread on here that showed a superlight and compact diy transmitter antenna for a micro-sized quadcopter. My search-fu is failing me now though and I cannot find it for the life of me.
    What brand of transmitter? I've only put dipole on my little quad a 90 mm brushless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im more of a photography rig and explorer type quad pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffanon View Post
    What brand of transmitter? I've only put dipole on my little quad a 90 mm brushless

It was an Eachine TX-01 and my antenna fix was not successful yet. I wound up replacing with a Boldclash F-02 that has a dipole instead of the helical, much more crash resistant so far.

On these little ones looks like the dipoles would not snap off so easily. I've been flying my little 90gt brushless it's been a blast. My only problem is I can't charge my fat shark batteries. Tricked a charger but can't do it again the charger has gotten smart it knows there are two cells but won't charge because it can't balance charge them. I ordered one of the new 18650 cases for it so that will help but it's a shame I can't use the others as well

Dang that stinks, I've been lucky my charger doesn't mind the fatshark battery at all.
    I've ordered a frame for an 85mm brushless build. Slowly going to start acquiring the parts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast