Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does TBS have such a thing as a Vortex 250 Pro?

Navigator
    I have both and the Vendetta totally out flies it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slats View Post
    I have both and the Vendetta totally out flies it.
    In what way(s)? Speed, handling, etc or all of it? The Vortex is plenty to keep me entertained for a while, but I'll definitely be looking at the Vendetta or whatever new is out when I upgrade. I don't race and pretty much fly by myself, so I don't need earth scorching performance.

Navigator
    The vortex flies heavy. I think the vendetta is more agile. It was very noticeable. The electronics are also much better on the vendetta. Both the Vendetta and Vortex need esc updates imo

Quote Originally Posted by Slats View Post
    The vortex flies heavy. I think the vendetta is more agile. It was very noticeable. The electronics are also much better on the vendetta. Both the Vendetta and Vortex need esc updates imo

What's wrong with the ESCs? The newer version of the Vortex does have stronger ESCs than when it first came out.

Hi Bandywc, what do you mean by stronger ? I never had any issue with my Vendetta ESC, they do the job for the motors and prop combo in the Set.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Miami View Post
    Hi Bandywc, what do you mean by stronger ? I never had any issue with my Vendetta ESC, they do the job for the motors and prop combo in the Set.
    Stronger, as in capable of handling more current. The first batch had 20A ESCs and current production has 30A ESCs. And, they do the job just fine for me on my Vortex, which is why I asked the other guy why he felt they needed updating.

Navigator
    They are Oneshot which is 90years old in quad land. Are not BLHELIS which is a standard. They are not dshot let alone multi.

If you asked me about buying an ESC with this tech I wouldnt give you 5 cents.

I hope tbs updates this because they make escs that are this and they preform great.

Vortex is the same though and less amps..

Last edited by Slats; 30th March 2017 at 02:37 PM.

I don't really understand all the fuzz about the ESC protocols. Oneshot is more than enough already, digital protocol are clearly going to become the standard but at the moment Multishot is still a tiny bit faster than DSHOT600.
    My Vendetta flies great with Oneshot 125 and I don't know how switching to let's say multishot or DSHOT would make it fly better.
    IMHO opinion there is so much more than the ESC protocol, correct prop/motor matching, the right PID, rigidity of the frame, latency of the FPV system all contribute to the overall quality.

Navigator
    I would be fine with Multishot but after flying Multi and Dshot 600 I completely disagree with you. Resolution would be the biggest take away and no freagan way will I spend 25$ on an ESC that is oneshot.

I don't really understand all the fuzz about the ESC protocols. Oneshot is more than enough already, digital protocol are clearly going to become the standard but at the moment Multishot is still a tiny bit faster than DSHOT600.
    My Vendetta flies great with Oneshot 125 and I don't know how switching to let's say multishot or DSHOT would make it fly better.
    IMHO opinion there is so much more than the ESC protocol, correct prop/motor matching, the right PID, rigidity of the frame, latency of the FPV system all contribute to the overall quality.

I don't know, the ESCs seem fine and plenty fast and powerful enough for me. They respond instantly.