Finally i get to build a Zephyr for myself. Well, at least i plan to !
A bit of background about me. I live in India, and have been into aeromodelling for the last 15+ years. Been through kit building, scratch buidling, aerobatic flying, and flown glow and gas airplanes all the time. Had my stint with Helis (both nitro and electric)too. Off late delved into electrics and love flying my Funjet and FPV Twinstar.
This build here might be long and drawn out, since it is extremely tough to source things here. There are postal delays, and stuff routinely gets lost etc etc. I am also going to need a lot of help from members here to get things right the first time around.
Goal : Range: 1-5 miles.
Here is a quick list of what i am collecting :
Airplane & Electronics
- Zephyr II kit From RiteWingRC with lamination roll.
- RitewingRC Gopro mount / skids .
- Castle Creations Phoenic ISE 75 / USB connection
- Castle Creations BEC
- OSMA 3820-1200 Motor
- APC Prop - 10x6 ?
- 2x 3300mah 4S Nanotech batteries
- Futaba 3010 Standard High Torque Servos.
- DPCAV - 12V Step Down Regulator.
- EagleTree OSD w/GPS, Stabilisation, Altimeter
- 600TVL Sony Camera
- GoPro HD Hero.
- Choice between ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW Vtx w/ Cloverleaf or RangeVideo 300/800 mW Vtx w/Inverted Vee
- TSLRS Rx
- Futaba 10CHP Tx
- Gorilla Glue
- 5Min Epoxy
- 3M 77/90 Spray ?
- Medium CA / Kicker
- Square magnets
- 2 core Shielded cable i got from an audio store
-2x Sander Style LC Filter ( one for camera and one for VTx )
-Wooden GoPRO mount ( will trace/copy the RiteWingRC supplied on ply )
-TBS style battery bay
I expect to take a couple of months to get this into the air. Still waiting on a lot of stuff to arrive. Also want to plan out the layout first and will post some of my options below.
Thanks to everyone for watching, and helping .