Thread: TBS UNIFY PRO 5.8G v2 - Could SmartAudio work the same time with Audio?

Navigator

TBS UNIFY PRO 5.8G v2 - Could SmartAudio work the same time with Audio?

Hello,

Can I use the TBS UNIFY PRO v2 SMARTAUDIO along with audio?
    I'm planning switch to UNIFY PRO, and I'm used to listening the sound already.
    I dont have CORE since my FC already got the OSD.
    Thanks in advance.

Jia

Quote Originally Posted by alexjx View Post
    Hello,

Can I use the TBS UNIFY PRO v2 SMARTAUDIO along with audio?
    I'm planning switch to UNIFY PRO, and I'm used to listening the sound already.
    I dont have CORE since my FC already got the OSD.
    Thanks in advance.

Jia

Hi,
    yes the Unify PRO can handle audio input and smart audio at the same time.
    Basically you need to connect both, the smart audio control signal and the microphone output, to the same audio line. Depending on your microphone or smart audio control device it may need or may not need a capacitor in the audio line (something like 100nF).
    Our ZeroZero2 camera for example does have that Microphone/ audio output for this purpose.

Chris

Navigator
    I never cared if this would work before because Kiss didn't have smart audio controls but now that Kiss has implement smart audio this exact question had me wondering the same thing. Thanks for the update that this can indeed work. Awesome! And for those that are wondering... The Unify Pro will be included in the next FW release for the Kiss FC. Only the Tramp is implemented in FW V1.2 for the Kiss FC.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RiSCyD View Post
    Hi,
    yes the Unify PRO can handle audio input and smart audio at the same time.
    Basically you need to connect both, the smart audio control signal and the microphone output, to the same audio line. Depending on your microphone or smart audio control device it may need or may not need a capacitor in the audio line (something like 100nF).
    Our ZeroZero2 camera for example does have that Microphone/ audio output for this purpose.

Chris
    So on the audio line you would run the cap in series on that audio line? Or parallel across the audio line and some other line? Just wanna get this cleared up in case I do need to add the cap once I get everything wired up.

Navigator
    Well I wish I could've gotten a response but in case I do need the cap I'll run it from the audio line and ground I guess. Really wanted confirmation on this tho... But I'm thinking it's like any other capacitor installation.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnw View Post
    So on the audio line you would run the cap in series on that audio line? Or parallel across the audio line and some other line? Just wanna get this cleared up in case I do need to add the cap once I get everything wired up.

Here including schematic how to wire it:

http://team-blacksheep.freshdesk.com...d-how-it-works

Some microphones might have the capacitor included already, but it will also work if you add another in that case

I have a mic that draws power from the FC itself and has a 3rd wire for audio. Do those wiring diagrams still apply?

Also, what is "4kz", "1k8" and 100R?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jomaba4308 View Post
    I have a mic that draws power from the FC itself and has a 3rd wire for audio. Do those wiring diagrams still apply?

Also, what is "4kz", "1k8" and 100R?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Yes, you need to power it separate and then just connect the audio line.

The parts are resistors and capacitors. Though basic knowledge required here to do this right.
    You might want to try first if it works when connecting it direct to the audio line

Quote Originally Posted by RiSCyD View Post
    Yes, you need to power it separate and then just connect the audio line.

The parts are resistors and capacitors. Though basic knowledge required here to do this right.
    You might want to try first if it works when connecting it direct to the audio line

I bought a couple 0.1uF (US equivalent of 100nF) and I soldered one leg directly to the audio port of the mic and I soldered 2 wires to the other leg. One wire to the UART and the other wire to SmartAudio of the Unify vtx.
    And for power to the mic it's connected to the 5v output of the Unify vtx.

The store employee was able to get me the important 100nF resistor for the audio line but he didn't seem to understand the rest of it (or maybe I didn't understand him) but maybe there's a better way to help people understand what that all means or better yet update the Unify vtx with a built in mic so we don't have to.
    Last edited by Jomaba4308; 14th May 2017 at 08:39 AM.