Thread: Proposal: occusynch2HDMI cable or receiver for FATSHART goggles

Navigator

Proposal: occusynch2HDMI cable or receiver for FATSHART goggles

I wrote the following on the DJI forum:
    Hello DJI,
    I know it is against your marketing direction to introduce a receiver or a cable that can be connected to FATSHARK goggles. But to be quit frank, I will not ever buy the goggles you are building. Reason: Too BIG! I mean the whole purpose of the Mavic is to keep things compact. These goggles would be bigger than the whole mavic alltoghether.
    So as a loyal costumer: I would request a occusynch converter to HDMI. Whether you make a seperate receiver or just a simple cable that is connected to the USB connector on the transmitter (which I beleive is the cheaper solution) to a micro HDMI which can be inserted into FATSHARK HD goggles would make many costumers happy. And this would bring many racers who now DON'T buy the Mavic because of the inability to transport and race anywhere, to actually buy them. I think this would incline many more cosumters who are already fitted with their own goggles to buy the Mavic as well.
    Ideally my favorite solution would be to have a USB to bluetooth, then a bluetooth to HDMI. Not sure if the bluetooth would have enough bandwidth, but you get the picture.
    Who else on this forum would like to have a occusync2HDMI cable?!

Thanks
    Sp1k3

Navigator
    Greg,
    I just had a crazy idea for a product!
    What if we have a cell phone for the DJI Mavic pro, and we would connect it via Miracast to a device that you would make that connects to the HDMI port and we can view what is shared on Miracast?!
    Sp1k3

Navigator
    someone needs to start a 3rd party vending solution or I doubt this will ever happen... I would like to see some adapter cables for sure.. maybe contact cables unlimited or someplace like it with your idea... but I'm sure there is some money to be made in it.. the issue is the ceo's and bosses of the bigger companies don't want to start another section just for cables.. the only way to make any money would be to make cables for much more than just their products and that's not what they know.. so take your idea to a company that makes cables, adapters, hdmi adapters.. if someone started a specification for everyone in this hobby to follow it would be allot easier and make cables interchangeable too.... don't stop at 2 forums my friend. keep buggin people til someone agrees with your idea that has the ability to make it...

Just get a phone/tablet with HDMI out, problem solved, that's what I did
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Navigator
    That is what I did too.... but simplicity is always nice... 😊

Navigator
    Yeah... Unfortunately phone with hdmi out are rare and old. Today only MHL is used. But out of curiosity which phones/tablets have hdmi out and support dji go4?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Navigator
    I found a simpler solution using quanum goggle proV2 and inserting my phone there... But id rather carry my fatshark goggles than that huge thing...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Navigator
    Still I think that the Fatshark goggles could be used for virtual reality goggles as well if they had the miracast connection or MHL.

Greg do you think it would be possible to make a cable that has 3 connections? 1.) USB connector of the mavic pro controller, 2.) MHL connect to android phone 3.) HDMI micro to Fatshark ???

You would need to transmit all back and forth info from phone to controller over USB, then hopefully the MHL info is on different pins, thus it would be possible to receive the MHL info and translate it to HDMI for Fatshark goggles...
    I think if the pins used for the USB and MHL are different, then this should be possible, what do you think?

Ok, I just check, adn the micro USB has only 5 pins, of which only 2 are used for data, thus a micro controller would be need to separate data flowing from controller to phone and from phone to HDMI. Sounds almost impossible to me...
    Last edited by Sp1k3; 20th March 2017 at 06:41 AM.

Navigator
    Hey all,
    I think I have finally found the ultimum solution!
    Miracast to HDMI already exists!! the only open question is if we are able to configure it to 720p 60fps for Fatshark goggles to accept it. Greg any comments?
    http://www.ebay.at/itm/Miracast-Wifi-Display-Mini-TV-Dongle-Receiver-1080P-HDMI-Wireless-AirPlay-DLNA-D-/282264822807?var=&hash=item41b84b6417:m:mxSbRO_iYmI50TJ2ifS3EyQ

I ordered it and will run some tests and keep you posted
    Last edited by Sp1k3; 21st March 2017 at 05:09 AM.