DragonLinkRC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Link And Vector

Dragon Link And Vector

Can anyone share there wiring setup using the Dragon Link V2 Rx and the Vector System? I was told you can use the one wire setup?

Thanks,
    Jamie
    N4JRA

No, that doesn't work. You need an extra wire for RSSI. Usually you connect the 3 AIL wires from the Vector to Ch7 on the DL and the signal wire from Ch8 to the RSSI input at the Vector. Choose SPPM on the Vector.

I use just one wire. You need to:
    -connect your Dragon link rx to your computer
    -assign one of the ports on the receiver to output SBUS using the Dragonlink config software
    -assign one of the channels in the SBUS stream output RSSI.
    -connects a servo wire from the DL to the AIL port on the Vector
    -in the Vector setup menu assign digital RSSI to the channel in the SBUS stream that corresponds with what you set up in the Dragonlink menu

I find the one wire method particularly handy because I set up all my FPV planes to take SBUS input and I can quick-swap my Dragonlink around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	76173
    Last edited by parajared; 3rd March 2017 at 12:55 PM.

Interesting! I had tried it and it didn’t work. I’ll try it again.

Parajared is on it with his explanation and screen shots. I also run a single cable From DL RX to the Vector for basic operations on two birds.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Interesting! I had tried it and it didn’t work. I’ll try it again.
    Oh yeah, that's a good point actually. You get a tiny little warning/how-to message about this that's easy to miss during the Vector setup. After you think you have everything set up on the Vector it actually won't work the first time. You have to unplug the Vector from the computer and run it on just your plane (or quad) and let the Vector learn what equates to 100% RSSI. You then have to re-connect the Vector to your computer and run the setup wizard a second time to add in the RSSI function.

I have tried it again. I changed the settings on the Rx and in the Vector GUI. Then I ran the wizard on the Vector. After that I had an RSSI with only one wire. I unplugged the Vector from the computer, but did not run it on my plane. Do you mean the OSD menu with it?
    I did a range test in the house and the result (distance) was not very good.

I have two more questions:
    What is the advantage of digital RSSI over analog RSSI (except that you don’t need the extra wire)?
    Do you get the link quality from a standard Ch 12 on the Rx? I have set the S-BUS output of Ch11 on the Rx to Digital RSSI and all the other channels to the respective numbers.

Do you mean the OSD menu with it?
    You have to run the Vector wizard a second time to make RSSI to work.

What is the advantage of digital RSSI over analog RSSI (except that you don’t need the extra wire)?
    Ostensibly you could disrupt an analog signal easier than a digital one but in real life there's not any noticeable difference. RSSI down the PPM or the SBUS stream ties up a channel so that would be a "con" to doing it. The "pro" to doing it is that you don't have to buy a $100 Dragonlink rx for every FPV plane you own.

Do you get the link quality from a standard Ch 12 on the Rx?
    Eagle Tree Vector gets it out of the SBUS stream, what channel you assign it to doesn't matter. Vector software by default only sees 8 channels in the SBUS stream so use a number less than 8. There may be a way for Vector to see all 12 channels but I don't know how off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by parajared View Post
    You have to run the Vector wizard a second time to make RSSI to work.

Ostensibly you could disrupt an analog signal easier than a digital one but in real life there's not any noticeable difference. RSSI down the PPM or the SBUS stream ties up a channel so that would be a "con" to doing it. The "pro" to doing it is that you don't have to buy a $100 Dragonlink rx for every FPV plane you own.

Eagle Tree Vector gets it out of the SBUS stream, what channel you assign it to doesn't matter. Vector software by default only sees 8 channels in the SBUS stream so use a number less than 8. There may be a way for Vector to see all 12 channels but I don't know how off hand.

Hi guys!
    Do you have any Pictures of Your setup? i have Connected the DL rx V2 With the single wire on channel 11, and Connected rssi on channel 12, and assigned trough Vector software. Is this correct? i'm terrified of doing something wrong.

Hi guys!
    Do you have any Pictures of Your setup? i have Connected the DL rx V2 With the single wire on channel 11, and Connected rssi on channel 12, and assigned trough Vector software. Is this correct? i'm terrified of doing something wrong.
    Sorry I don't do it this way any more, I have a much more complicated way of doing it. However yes you have a few ways of doing it.
    -one wire: one SBUS wire from DL to Vector. Use Dragonlink software to have one of the channels in the SBUS stream give a RSSI number to Vector. Configure in Vector software using the picture I posted above.
    -two wires: Use Dragonlink software to make one of the physical ports on your DL output SBUS and one of the physical ports output RSSI. Connect SBUS to the SBUS port on the Vector, connect RSSI to the RSSI port on the Vector.
    -a f*uck ton of wires: connect every single channel you use from physical ports on the dragonlink to every single port on the Vector, not much configuration needed.