DragonLinkRC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Link And Vector

Quote Originally Posted by parajared View Post
    Sorry I don't do it this way any more, I have a much more complicated way of doing it. However yes you have a few ways of doing it.
    -one wire: one SBUS wire from DL to Vector. Use Dragonlink software to have one of the channels in the SBUS stream give a RSSI number to Vector. Configure in Vector software using the picture I posted above.
    -two wires: Use Dragonlink software to make one of the physical ports on your DL output SBUS and one of the physical ports output RSSI. Connect SBUS to the SBUS port on the Vector, connect RSSI to the RSSI port on the Vector.
    -a f*uck ton of wires: connect every single channel you use from physical ports on the dragonlink to every single port on the Vector, not much configuration needed.

Thx for the quick reply, yeah ok, i did'nt Connect using Sbus, i chose PPM at it seems to be working. Only problem is it complaining about the FS settings in the last step in the wizard??

Quote Originally Posted by rcabuser View Post
    Thx for the quick reply, yeah ok, i did'nt Connect using Sbus, i chose PPM at it seems to be working. Only problem is it complaining about the FS settings in the last step in the wizard??

According to the internet PPM has
    27ms of delay (delay is defined by the signal width), and SBUS only have 9ms of delay, SBUS with the better error handling. For us mere mortals probably not much of a difference in performance although it seems to matter to the FPV ninjas/ FPV Jedis.

Yeah, just run the wizard a second time. It needs to know what uS number equals 100% now that you have told it that digital RSSI exists. If you don't do this the default number that should show as 100% signal will be wrong. I have first-hand experience with this, here's a picture of me holding the plane and only showing 38 for RSSI.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	77117

According to the internet PPM has
    27ms of delay (delay is defined by the signal width), and SBUS only have 9ms of delay, SBUS with the better error handling. For us mere mortals probably not much of a difference in performance although it seems to matter to the FPV ninjas/ FPV Jedis.

Yeah, just run the wizard a second time. It needs to know what uS number equals 100% now that you have told it that digital RSSI exists. If you don't do this the default number that should show as 100% signal will be wrong. I have first-hand experience with this, here's a picture of me holding the plane and only showing 38 for RSSI.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	77117

Yeah im aware of the delay of the PPM, but is it possible to run SBUS in this setup?? my biggest problem is i can't pass the wizard:-( Last step where you pull down the throttle, i get a message something like "your FS is not ok, you have to set it 5% lower than low throttle" can't remember the message correctly.

That's an issue with throttle trim and throttle failsafe. In the event that your Dragonlink loses connection with your receiver your receiver will go to an automatic "position" a position that you assign by pushing the failsafe button on your Dragonlink. You want your minimum default throttle position on your radio to be 6% more than the failsafe position on your Dragonlink. I'm not sure how everyone does this but I personally use the trim tab on my radio to trim in throttle.

That's an issue with throttle trim and throttle failsafe. In the event that your Dragonlink loses connection with your receiver your receiver will go to an automatic "position" a position that you assign by pushing the failsafe button on your Dragonlink. You want your minimum default throttle position on your radio to be 6% more than the failsafe position on your Dragonlink. I'm not sure how everyone does this but I personally use the trim tab on my radio to trim in throttle.

Yeha had to trim up the throttle a bit to get the 5% difference, but no it works Thx parajared for all help