Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBS Discovery Pro

TBS Discovery Pro

First off let me say how much I like mine, started with the The Discovery and added my own gimble. Now that I can get them at a reasonable price i have 3 pro's. One I knew needed rescued and the other was suppost to be 100%, not, crashed, broke screws and broke gimble plug. You guys not only got me the pieces, your making me a top plate, that's service.
    Now #3 is a perfect quad, built with all discovery parts and works perfect wish leads me to my question.
    How can I tell if this was built by Team Discovery? You guys mark them, track serial #'s?
    Thanks for all you do. everyone post a pic of yours if you still fly it. Thanks CD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1386641593592.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	75973
    Last edited by cdaniel; 11th February 2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Semper Fi

Where did you get the gimbal for the none pro TBS discovery? or better yet do you have one you would like to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel View Post
    First off let me say how much I like mine, started with the The Discovery and added my own gimble. Now that I can get them at a reasonable price i have 3 pro's. One I knew needed rescued and the other was suppost to be 100%, not, crashed, broke screws and broke gimble plug. You guys not only got me the pieces, your making me a top plate, that's service.
    Now #3 is a perfect quad, built with all discovery parts and works perfect wish leads me to my question.
    How can I tell if this was built by Team Discovery? You guys mark them, track serial #'s?
    Thanks for all you do. everyone post a pic of yours if you still fly it. Thanks CD

Name:	1386641593592.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	75973

Navigator

Name:	Disco 010.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	75995I'm just in the process of building a Disco with Aerial Mob arms, planning on ordering this gimbal. Not cheap, but I guess you only get what you pay for.
    http://copterlab.com/2-axis-brushles...-tbs-discovery
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RENOV8R; 14th February 2017 at 08:20 AM.

jeffgriggsTarot Gimbal with a 3d printed mount. Let me see if I can find the links.

http://www.getfpv.com/tarot-rc-gopro...gyroscope.html

RENOV8R That wasn't available when I did mine but that looks like a good gimbal though.
    I like the look of the Discovery, very predator.

Last edited by cdaniel; 14th February 2017 at 02:15 AM.
    Semper Fi

RENOV8R the copterlab one caught my eye too. I am just a little uneasy as I have scanned the internet and cannot find any reviews on them. lots of people asking about them but no one who has bought one yet. If you do end up purchasing it I would love to know your opinion on the gimbal.

Navigator

Name:	IMG_2343.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	831.3 KB 
ID:	75998[QUOTE=cdaniel;826554]jeffgriggsTarot Gimbal with a 3d printed mount. Let me see if I can find the links.

http://www.getfpv.com/tarot-rc-gopro...gyroscope.html

RENOV8R That wasn't available when I did mine but that looks like a good gimbal though.
    I like the look of the Discovery, very predator.

That's why I built the Disco, I've already got an Alien (Get it? Alien vs Predator hahaha)

Here's my alien - Tarot 650 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgriggs View Post
    Where did you get the gimbal for the none pro TBS discovery? or better yet do you have one you would like to sell?
    Here's the gimbals mount. There are 2 setups. Depending if you have the core how far it will
    seat back in the quad.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:300854/#files
    Last edited by cdaniel; 14th February 2017 at 01:28 PM.
    Semper Fi

That's like my Phantom, has the camera under it, They are good but I like the slick profile the Discovery has.
    Looks good though.
    Semper Fi

I took the chance and went ahead and bought the $200 copterlab gimbal. Takes like 3 or 4 weeks to ship. Ill respond back once I have it installed

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgriggs View Post
    I took the chance and went ahead and bought the $200 copterlab gimbal. Takes like 3 or 4 weeks to ship. Ill respond back once I have it installed
    Sweet! Can't wait to hear what you think of it