Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elite Bundle questions

Quote Originally Posted by rclover106 View Post
    Sounds like our builds will be similar in the frame and Elite Bundle aspect! I will be using the TBS bulletproof 25amp esc's. They will hang over the arm some yes, but I personally really don't find that to be an issue. I can't think of any reason as to why it would become one either. I should be getting the frame tomorrow so I can update you with some pictures of the escs on the arms if you would like.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Thanks, that would be great.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by qavflyer View Post
    Thanks, that would be great.
    USPS failed, says it's coming today but I have my doubts. I'll keep you posted.

I was wondering if you or anybody else can help clear something up for me. I am building an elite bundle (I already had the Colibri v2 FC and purchased the FPVision along with the diagonal ESC board) and the Powercube manual states:

The installation is simple. The flight control has 4 signal pins (holes) that match to the 4 signal pins on the PDB. Simply drop the FC and the PDB onto the stack together (no spacers in between!) and then solder each of the signal pins (holes) together with the PDB on the bottom.

The pins from the PDB go right through the ESC board to the FC. Am I missing something? Would appreciate any help with these instructions and pictures would be great so I can really understand what they mean. Thanks!

I was wondering if you or anybody else can help clear something up for me. I am building an elite bundle (I already had the Colibri v2 FC and purchased the FPVision along with the diagonal ESC board) and the Powercube manual states:

The installation is simple. The flight control has 4 signal pins (holes) that match to the 4 signal pins on the PDB. Simply drop the FC and the PDB onto the stack together (no spacers in between!) and then solder each of the signal pins (holes) together with the PDB on the bottom.

The pins from the PDB go right through the ESC board to the FC. Am I missing something? Would appreciate any help with these instructions and pictures would be great so I can really understand what they mean. Thanks!

Navigator

So yea, this is how it's setup, fpvision board, ESC pdb, and then flight controller.
    The exactly knife is pointing at where you need to solder.
    This next picture is the cube assembled without the flight controller on, the only connections it makes are the positive and negative contacts on each corner, the pins are just going through it, they don't do anything with this board. You can also see the contacts you need to solder to the flight controller, they are in the white box on the edge.
    Here is a picture of all the components.
    Hopefully that helps!

This is correct, you can also check these video from my Dquad tutorial that show how to install the elite bundle:

https://youtu.be/i3w6Kw4VmfY
    https://youtu.be/yoU_B3DjWFA

Thanks for the info and the great pictures. It really helps...one last question - I take it that you will solder from the top of the FC to connect the FC to the ESC board at the 4 signal pins and will you do this with the stack together including the PDB? Are you concerned about solder possibly dripping down onto the PDB? Should I insert something in between the PDB and ESC board when soldering? I know to only use a very small amount of solder but mistakes happen. Just don't want to mess it up when soldering as this stuff costs $$$.

Navigator
    Thanks for the info and the great pictures. It really helps...one last question - I take it that you will solder from the top of the FC to connect the FC to the ESC board at the 4 signal pins and will you do this with the stack together including the PDB? Are you concerned about solder possibly dripping down onto the PDB? Should I insert something in between the PDB and ESC board when soldering? I know to only use a very small amount of solder but mistakes happen. Just don't want to mess it up when soldering as this stuff costs $$$.
    I plan on soldering those signal ports like this, , not in powercube form. If you do this you will need to make sure the standoff supports are aligned multiple times while you are soldering to make sure the FC+pdb combo will fit properly on the standoffs. I'm pretty sure in one of the videos posted above their is a clip of him soldering it also. Good luck!
    That whole video series is very helpful when it comes to this Powercube elite bundle. I would recommend giving it a look over also as it gave me some helpful tips.

I take it that you will solder from the top of the FC to connect the FC to the ESC board at the 4 signal pins and will you do this with the stack together including the PDB? Are you concerned about solder possibly dripping down onto the PDB?
    No it won't. Basically start to pre-solder the ESC board and them stack the Colibri on top and apply a lot of solder on the Signal pads.
    Again just check my video at https://youtu.be/yoU_B3DjWFA?t=3m49s
    Last edited by Oliver Miami; 30th March 2017 at 08:51 PM.

Navigator
    Listen to Oliver he has done it before lol.