Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Elite Bundle questions

Navigator
    Anyone know what form factor the LED & UART plugs are? I have nothing that matches that and refuse to pay $10 for a cable to connect my LEDs!
    I will also eventually need a longer VTX pigtail. It'll work on the F4-1B I'm installing it on, but I got a custom setup coming up where it'll be too short.
    Last edited by Implicit; 31st March 2017 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Implicit View Post
    Anyone know what form factor the LED & UART plugs are? I have nothing that matches that and refuse to pay $10 for a cable to connect my LEDs!
    I will also eventually need a longer VTX pigtail. It'll work on the F4-1B I'm installing it on, but I got a custom setup coming up where it'll be too short.
    I think they are Pico blade or Pico molex something. Check on google.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Miami View Post
    I think they are Pico blade or Pico molex something. Check on google.
    There's at least 3 different formats of those, so it'll need to be more specific than that

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Implicit View Post
    There's at least 3 different formats of those, so it'll need to be more specific than that
    It states the connector types in the manual for the powercube. The connectors on the Colibri are
    "JST-SH 1.00mm with 2.54mm pin header" and the connections on the FPVision board are "Molex Picoblade 1.25mm, 4-pin for CAM inputs, 5-pin for BST" That information can be found in the manual. Here are links to the products I believe to be correct. JST-SH: https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/p...S-B&vendor=455 ( you need the "winged" versions)
    Picoblade: https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/p...400&vendor=900
    Keep in mind those are just the connector housings. Compatible and related components are on the bottom of each respective page. I just spent all day trying to figure out the best way to order these connectors to make custom wire harnesses, so hopefully, the links help.

Navigator
    Ahh, missed that, sorry!. Thanks a lot!.

Navigator
    Bah, FC died after a relatively minor impact. VTX still works. However, as far as I can tell, no one in North America stocks the Colibri Race v2 and vertical powerboard.

Edit: I'm blind. AirbladeUAV stocks what I need.
    Last edited by Implicit; 20th April 2017 at 03:57 AM.

Navigator
    Bought the elite bundle, but encountered some conflicting information which makes me wonder if I should take care of soft mounting.
    The reseller mentions that the TBS Colibri FC F3 RACE V2.0 contains a MPU6500.
    https://redbee.de/TBS-Colibri-FC-F3-RACE-V20

TBS mentions that it contains a MPU6000
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/produ...ercube_colibri

Which is it, or are there two versions of the V2?

Also, can I move the PDB to the bottom of the stack if I just connect the ESC signal wires directly to the FC through holes?

Not sure what they are to be honest but I have 6-7 Elite Bundle setups on different quads and have no soft mounting of anything and have not felt a need to worry about it yet even on my 5-6s quads, tuning is easy and defaults are very close to perfect except when using 5s and DAL Cyclone 5046's. Worry less and just go fly and have fun.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Not sure what they are to be honest but I have 6-7 Elite Bundle setups on different quads and have no soft mounting of anything and have not felt a need to worry about it yet even on my 5-6s quads, tuning is easy and defaults are very close to perfect except when using 5s and DAL Cyclone 5046's. Worry less and just go fly and have fun.
    Almost completed my build and running into yaw twist issues / motor oscillations
    Testing by arming/no props attached.

I am now really interested in what MPU this thing has, since soft mounting the elite stack is no option in my case.