FPVLAB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some advice on which ESC's are best for DJI Naza and Wookong

Looking for some advice on which ESC's are best for DJI Naza and Wookong

Hi everyone!

As the titel say's, i would like some advice on which esc would be best to use
    with the DJI NAZA and later on the Wookong?

I will be using them on a hexa for professional commercial usage, so i'd rather not use hobbyking esc's.

Regards

Fer
    Last edited by Traveller; 17th April 2012 at 06:54 PM.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci

Anyone?
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci

Don't ask me, mine just caught on fire!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Hahahahah yeah i saw that! that looked bad!
    did you have allot of damage? or was it just the esc? still,
    sorry for your loss mate!

Im using hobbyking F-30A cheapies, flashed with simonK firmware. works fine

well, im not an expert, but you choose an ESC in function of the power you use. If you pull too much watts then it will burn.
    I prefere use a 60 amp ESC while i get a 45amp peek, this is more safe... but a 50 amp ESC would be good enough. Also you might check for the BEC maximum output. Mine is 3amp but my plane is basic, only 2 servo (elevon). If you use big servo and/or many servo, you probably need a UBEC because the ESC wont provide enough power and might burn.

Quote Originally Posted by francoishaha View Post
    Also you might check for the BEC maximum output. Mine is 3amp but my plane is basic, only 2 servo (elevon). If you use big servo and/or many servo, you probably need a UBEC because the ESC wont provide enough power and might burn.
    hehe this is for a multicopter. no servos!

I understand there can be issues with the rate at which the quad controller communicates with the ESC. And Turnigy Plush are regarded as working pretty well for this. But I ended up with Hexfet from HK because Plush are sold out. Just assembling now, so I have no feedback yet.
    There are many uses for your DJIPhanotm cleaning cream. Most don't involve your Phantom though.

I have the 30 amp escs for NTM 2826 1200kv motors it that help. no probs so far

Hey all,
    I've been out of the loop for a while, but i'm back and just read all the comment's. Thanks for all the useful info! i Really appreciated it!

I also just realized that i should have given a bit more info on the setup...

I would like to use the Axi 2826/12 motors (http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/axi...r-p-40320.html

So if anyone has some experience with these motors, i would be grateful for some advice!

Regards

Fer

+ Reply to Thread