FPVLAB

View Poll Results: Select the date(s) you prefer for 2017 Hartsel COFPV meet

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 COFPV Hartsel meet

Getting ready tomorrow. Going to bring my generator and of course Otis the Pug. He and I will roast some pig. I will be there around noon Friday.
    Cheers bros, glad to be back,
    Joshua

I so want to come... just for the high altitude roasted pig. Have a great weekend guys!
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Navigator
    Wish​ I could make it this weekend; looking forward to seeing the videos. I will be in the Colorado springs on the 27th. visiting family and looking for some mountain flying sites for FPV or sloping. Any advice on slope or must FPV locations between Vegas and the Springs?

I can't wait to meet all of you. I won't be getting there til Saturday morning. I have to re hinge my Mini Drak.

So far all I have for directions are the LAT LONGS on post 1, is there a recommended route from the main highway?

Just route from Hartsel,CO to the GPS location with google maps, and it gives you the correct route.

From what I remember...
    At the main intersection in Hartsel, head SE on highway 9. Take your first right onto the dirt rad 53, then follow the first left curve (now heading south. You will run into a Y junction. Bear slight left there. It is mostly straight with a few slight bends. Go straight across a grate at the top of the climb. The road will hit a T junction. Make the 90 degree left(downhill) then shortly after another mandatory 90 degree right turn. Now you are heading south again. You may see some cars to the south about a mile or two away which is the meet. You will pass a hoarder type house on your right, and the road gets a little more rough. Keep heading south up the steep hill, then go through the fence (close the gate after you go through). Go around the short turn,and the meet location will be on your right.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hartselmap.PNG  
    Last edited by Rfriedman; 15th June 2017 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    Just route from Hartsel,CO to the GPS location with google maps, and it gives you the correct route.

From what I remember...
    At the main intersection in Hartsel, head SE on highway 9. Take your first right onto the dirt rad 53, then follow the first left curve (now heading south. You will run into a Y junction. Bear slight left there. It is mostly straight with a few slight bends. Go straight across a grate at the top of the climb. The road will hit a T junction. Make the 90 degree left(downhill) then shortly after another mandatory 90 degree right turn. Now you are heading south again. You may see some cars to the south about a mile or two away which is the meet. You will pass a hoarder type house on your right, and the road gets a little more rough. Keep heading south up the steep hill, then go through the fence (close the gate after you go through). Go around the short turn,and the meet location will be on your right.

Awesome thanks!

Just a heads up. Apparently the Porta Potty has not been delivered. Lucas and I will be bringing a shovel and plenty of TP as backup. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope everyone had a fun meet. Post your videos here so we can use them for promo material for next year! Also huge thanks to Alex and RMRC for all the sweet prizes (planes, quad frames, flashlights, shades, lanywards, bags, and more).

The porta-potty company answered today and did not know why they never delivered. I asked if we could get a discount for next year, but I doubt I will get a call back. If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, save it for next year. Anything extra will go to COFPV website upkeep costs.

If anyone's interested in another small meet in July or August, go ahead and organize it. I'll be there!

Trimmed down raw highlight video of the final formation flight

https://youtu.be/2fIXH3IiPAc

-Daryl

Call me B-Rod53
    Hi Everyone....sorry I missed the meet. Thought everyone had settled on 6/22 and didn't come back to see the change. Oh well. Next year. I'm planning a trip down to the Valley of the Gods and I'm wondering what the smoke situation is going to be like? Any ideas as to where I can check and find out? Or maybe somewhere else I could go? I like the Valley of the Gods because it's BLM land and of course the native beauty. But suggestions are welcomed. Feel free to chime in.

Regarding the Porta Potty situation...do a search on Ebay for a Portable Toilet. They sell these Plastic Toilet seats that fit perfectly over a 5 Gallon Bucket. Go buy a roll of cheap 89 cent kitchen trash bags and your all set.
    Last edited by brod53; 27th June 2017 at 09:46 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast