Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tbs unify pro hv Voltage issue

Navigator

Tbs unify pro hv Voltage issue

Will the unify pro hv 5.8 still work if only getting 5v from the core? The manual says 7-26v but it does power up and goes through all the functions. I am not getting video but I do not know if that is the cause or if my tbs69 isn't working. Really wish the tbs69 had an led so I know it's working. Does anyone know if the vtx will fully function but not display an image if voltage input incorrect?

did you make sure the white wire from the 69 camera is grounded?
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Hey bro, yeah that was the first thing I looked for since you told me the wiring was a bit funky. I tried both connecting the white to black ground wire and plugging white back into the harness and connecting to the audio port.

Navigator
    I just had this problem but with a Lumenier, not a Unify (same deal though). At 5V it would power up but no video. As soon as I connected it to a 12V out, all good.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RENOV8R View Post
    I just had this problem but with a Lumenier, not a Unify (same deal though). At 5V it would power up but no video. As soon as I connected it to a 12V out, all good.
    I was figuring as much. Should be fun pulling the tin off. Thanks

you could also run ground and power wires from the small square pads on the side of the disco bottom plate. I do that to power my imrc vtx ,and then just run the video audio wires from the core to your vtx. avoids pullin the tin off the core eh.
    Last edited by doobie; 8th January 2017 at 08:49 PM.
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    you could also run ground and power wires from the small square pads on the side of the disco bottom plate. I do that to power my imrc vtx ,and then just run the video audio wires from the core to your vtx. avoids pullin the tin off the core eh.
    thats right I didn't even think of that. Doesn't the core have a filter built in as well. I was thinking If the tin gave me too much trouble then I can solder them to the pads by the bst connector and use a pololu step-up regulator. I happen to have one in my box

I think that vtx takes anything from 7v to 26v so no need to regulate anything just run it direct from your battery source. its not a good idea to run 2 regulated power sources together. does that vtx have a regulated power out for a cam? I am not familiar with those vtx's, but I know from a bad experience lesson learned the hard way that you don't power a imrc vtx from the core cause both are regulated sources
    Last edited by doobie; 9th January 2017 at 06:05 PM.
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    I think that vtx takes anything from 7v to 26v so no need to regulate anything just run it direct from your battery source. its not a good idea to run 2 regulated power sources together. does that vtx have a regulated power out for a cam? I am not familiar with those vtx's, but I know from a bad experience lesson learned the hard way that you don't power a imrc vtx from the core cause both are regulated sources
    That's the thing with regulated power source, you need to check the specs. I've got a BrainFPV mPB that has a filtered 12V supply that's only 125 mah, so it'll power a camera but not a VTX. Directly from the battery is best bet for vtx rated for 7-26v

Navigator
    my brain is super fried. I meant an LC filter