FPVLAB

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Ritewing Hardcore 44 - Zephyr 1.5

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rctintin View Post
    That would be awesome Scott, cheers mate.

I use the Naze32 on my 250 quads with on OSD board but the name escapes me. So the PatrickE firmware, is that a plank version? Do you have a link for a good review/group on it?

Cheets, Rob.
    It's here in the lab under FC/OSD. Only works on F1 boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Anybody have any full sized vectors they want to sell, let me know. Have 3, possibly 4 builds that need them. I need to come up with a good swap system. They do sell the swap kits with all the wiring so you can just swap components, but it's a pain. But, they're expensive... So I need to come up with some kind of swappable pod system... Having 8 or 9 vectors is just too damn much...
    Looks like they do wiring harness's Scott, so could be an option to make a 3D printed cradle for the Vector and Velcro strap it in place, then swap out to next model.
    Not knowing the Vector yet, does it store the model setup memory? So when you put it back into an already setup model, you can just load the setting straight back into it. I can do this should I wish with the V-Bar's on my heli's. once setup, simply make a copy of the model settings in your PC. Then any time you like, you can just upload any saved file and it will fly just like before.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...product_id=141
    Rob

TBS Discovery
    Ritewing Z11 x 2
    TBS CAIPIRINHA

Looks like they do wiring harness's Scott, so could be an option to make a 3D printed cradle for the Vector and Velcro strap it in place, then swap out to next model.
    Not knowing the Vector yet, does it store the model setup memory? So when you put it back into an already setup model, you can just load the setting straight back into it. I can do this should I wish with the V-Bar's on my heli's. once setup, simply make a copy of the model settings in your PC. Then any time you like, you can just upload any saved file and it will fly just like before.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/inde...product_id=141
    Yes, they sell just the harness kit for this purpose. I tried it a couple years ago but quickly just ended up buying another vector. The problem is that, when installing this type of gear, we basically install permanently - properly. It's basically permanent in that it'll stay put for the life of the aircraft... At least that's how I install... So to do it otherwise I'd going to take some adjustment.

Once you set it up on a pc, you backup / save the config file. Then you just flash it with the appropriate config before going out if you swap it. You can have an infinite amount of perfectly tuned planes and a single vector. Just plug it in, load whatever model and off you go.

The 44 might get an osd, but won't have a controller. The 63 will have a vector as well as the Skywalker that I'm dusting off and my next tricopter build that's coming will most likely end up with one. It's nice having a large multi's with an advanced controller.

Bought an eagle tree guardian for the 44. We'll see how it does.

Just got my Hardcore 44 straight from the man himself! I had a couple questions though.

What're you guys doing for the servo holes? You punch out the foam block, put in the chloroplast cover for the underside, and then use part of the block for the servo to sit on? And what servos are you guys spec'ing? I was thinking of the EMAX metal gear digital servo, but not sure how much servo I need - never built anything other than the FPVWRA spec wing before.

And for the tiny winglets/fins on the wings. I got eight total - four are one height, and four are shorter vertically. What's the placement for these. Is it the four taller ones on top of the wing and the shorter on the bottom, or is it the two taller vertical ones towards the middle and the shorter height ones toward the wingtips mirrored on the top and bottom? And given the positioning holes that are drilled for them, the ones towards the wing tips are too long - are you guys cutting them too to make room for the elevon to move?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Navigator
    Got the chance to go out today and do a maiden flight of the Hardcore 44. It really flies nice. I launched with my goggles on with no issue. Here is the boring video as i was just flying around the field doing some trimming.

https://youtu.be/agRBvdXa94M
    Last edited by maktek; 20th March 2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: change link

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Bought an eagle tree guardian for the 44. We'll see how it does.
    owww, nice! I have 2 here, never even got them out of their packages! Let us know how it goes with it.

What OSD will you use with it?
    Rob

TBS Discovery
    Ritewing Z11 x 2
    TBS CAIPIRINHA

owww, nice! I have 2 here, never even got them out of their packages! Let us know how it goes with it.

What OSD will you use with it?
    No osd. I'd have bought a vector at that point. Possibly I'll use the little 9 dollar voltage / timer video overlay I got from hobbyking, but maybe just a buzzer and radio timer for battery. Not sure yet. Servos came today and guardian did as well, so getting some building done very, very soon. Also got another full vector for the Zephyr that came today, but that build is after this one and possibly even another. Too much going on. In the middle of all this I'm also going to be tearing apart my fpv lab in the basement and rebuilding some stuff. Should be a bad ass lab when I'm done. That's going to hinder building too... So...

I know the feeling mate, I run my own business, got 2 young daughters, plus building an extension on our house leaves me with very little time. With 4 wings arriving tomorrow, I have 1.3 gear to buy (the Singularity's showed up today) and a DLV3 plus 4-5 rx's, then Vectors......Expensive times!!
    Rob

TBS Discovery
    Ritewing Z11 x 2
    TBS CAIPIRINHA

Navigator
    Anyone gotten real world data on the recommended motors? I just a saw a video with the 2814/1700 drawing ~60 amps. That's more then ecalc predicts and more then the 2217/2300 should pull at races. I won't fly flat out that often, but I'm trying to gain efficiency at >80mph for longer fun flights. 2221/1860 is also a option I think.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast