Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QQ 190

You Absolute Shower.... Lab Monkey's Avatar

QQ 190

So...No 200 page Pre-release Thread...No Hype with Blurry lens cameras...Just an announcement on FB that it's done & ALMOST READY TO SHIP !!!.

I Feel almost cheated, What's going on TBS?
    All the right notes.....Not necessarily in the right order. Eric Morecambe

Navigator
    The QQ frames have been around for a while and there is nothing special about them, so no need for any hype. The only interesting thing about QQ190 is the TBS electronics and more importantly the new 2in1 Powercube ESCs that should be sold separately sometime in the future.

When Trappy hinted to a new RTF a while back, I was hoping for something more like a smaller Vendetta, but that QQ frame is nothing to be excited about, since you can put a Powercube on any frame (or a piece of wood) and it is RTF.

Meh, I should inscribe " Google first -post later " backwards on my forehead...Thanks for the heads up..

Navigator
    haha still I hope TBS will release something new in 2017 that we can hype about

Me too, But what are the chances of that...(cough) Disco pro Mk2 ..(cough)

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
    Me too, But what are the chances of that...(cough) Disco pro Mk2 ..(cough)
    Speculating here, but with the death of the gopro rear plug in board TBS needs to find a dedicated stream to fill.

So the disco series is probably at an end, what with gopro changing direction, gopros financial hardship and rtf systems that outperform it. The capi 2 would need to be phenomenal and comparitive in function if not better than the Parrot disco. From rumors it may be possible. Lastly, the miniquad scene sees the most expansion with considerable innovation in tech, however in comparison to photography and fixed wing it is unknown what the life span will be.

As i said speculation, as i do not know whats in the works or what the horizon holds.

A Disco 2 would be nice, but like other users i dont know if i would buy one (probably would). This stems for a need for a function that it would hold. With the drop in value of drones . I currently still have a Disco Pro, 3DR solo and Mavic. All for video, and a new Disco wouldnt have a role to fill.

Similar scenario with the minis, qav250 (continualy updateable frame), gemini, rcexplorer mini tri, inductrix.
    Last edited by Nightram; 31st December 2016 at 04:14 PM.

the market is changing. giving competitors as little information as possible as to what is coming has been key. we took a solid platform as base and have added our team's ability to design and spec electronics and other components. I have tried most RTF's out there, the QQ190 certainly fits the current times as a competitive RTF racer. TBS is coninuously working on stuff, but I'm afraid the 200-page pre launch discussions are no longer an option in days where frames often get copied faster than original manufacturers can release them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    the market is changing. giving competitors as little information as possible as to what is coming has been key. we took a solid platform as base and have added our team's ability to design and spec electronics and other components. I have tried most RTF's out there, the QQ190 certainly fits the current times as a competitive RTF racer. TBS is coninuously working on stuff, but I'm afraid the 200-page pre launch discussions are no longer an option in days where frames often get copied faster than original manufacturers can release them.
    I am sure TBS's next products will be impressive as always.

Will the TBS Powercube Elite bundle clear the standoffs on the qq190? I mean will the standoffs not get in the way of the esc board??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9692.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	75561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9694.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	75562Yup, Making some good points there Nightram, the Market is pretty well flooded with AP rigs, Even the Mavic (Good as it is) is a disco pro clone- where do you go from there?

Back to the QQ190 RTF to give it it's full title, Loving some of the Design features such as the "Protected" Triumph Tx , where the antenna passes through the top plate, Chunky Cam/Rx mount & Beefy 4mm base frame...