VideoAerialSystems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VAS Pegasus

Navigator
    That motor will handle a 7x6 sport prop on 4s. Pulls just shy of 50a. That's what I run on my Mini Drak.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth72 View Post
    That motor will handle a 7x6 sport prop on 4s. Pulls just shy of 50a. That's what I run on my Mini Drak.
    I thought 6" seemed small too but take a look at this. Too conservative? http://innov8tivedesigns.com/images/...21-8_Specs.htm

Navigator
    Yes, the Cobra prop charts are conservative, unless you are full throttle the entire flight.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth72 View Post
    Yes, the Cobra prop charts are conservative, unless you are full throttle the entire flight.
    I figured as much. Motors have designed capacities but they also have factors of safety. So you are operating beyond the designed spec and the motor can take it because it's got some fat in the specs, plus you are not wot for long periods of time.

I'll start with the 6 and if it's too slow I know I can bump it up to a 7 thanks!

Cold weather has totally stopped my pegasus build. I can only paint outside and I need 50 degrees (f) or higher to paint so I am stuck until I can get these parts painted. We are having the coldest temps in eastern NC in over 100 years. Anyway, everything is glued up and true. This is a nice looking model I am surprised it is not more popular. I have a feeling the other poster that pulled his canards had the elevators running normal instead of reversed and that's why he kept plowing into the ground. Anyway that's my hope because it looks like this will fly great. Can't wait to get it together.