Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Powercube FPVision

With Betaflight 3.2 Beta released and some of the talk I see in terms of issues with TBS OSD and BF 3.2, I was wondering if someone could provide some detail in terms of these issues or incompatibilities that one could have when upgrading to BF 3.2 and the TBS Powercube. I am currently running 3.1.7 and have the TBS 2-in-1 FPVision stack. Will the OSD not work as it is in 3.1.7? Will I not be able to change PIDS, Camera settings, VTX settings, etc. the way I do now with the FPVision OSD if I do upgrade to BF 3.2? Thanks for any input...

Quote Originally Posted by qavflyer View Post
    Will the OSD not work as it is in 3.1.7? Will I not be able to change PIDS, Camera settings, VTX settings, etc. the way I do now with the FPVision OSD if I do upgrade to BF 3.2? Thanks for any input...[/COLOR]
    I think it depends what Radio / Transmission you're using. Without Betaflight BST Support, the Flight Mode Display, Arming Message, AHI, PID Settings, vTX-Channel change and RSSI will not work I guess.
    If you're using a Crossfire, RSSI and vTX Control should work as usual.
    I did not try - this is based on my understanding how the powercube works.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    I think it depends what Radio / Transmission you're using. Without Betaflight BST Support, the Flight Mode Display, Arming Message, AHI, PID Settings, vTX-Channel change and RSSI will not work I guess.
    If you're using a Crossfire, RSSI and vTX Control should work as usual.
    I did not try - this is based on my understanding how the powercube works.
    I am using the Spektrum Quad Race Serial Receiver with Diversity. So with this receiver, if I upgrade to BF 3.2 I will not be able to have the OSD controls that I currently have with the FPVision (CorePro) and BF 3.1.7 such as Camera settings, VTX settings, PID settings, etc. Is TBS planning to address this and fix it with their own release of BF 3.2 via the TBS agent? I don't plan on upgrading to BF 3.2 until the "stable" release of it in Oct. so I hope TBS addresses this issue asap.

Qavflyer - just want to thank you for basically confirming my suspicions on why I am having issues now with my OSD.

I updated to BF 3.2.1 while running the TBS 2in1 FPVision (full stack), and immediately noticed I could not enter the OSD - in fact, I could not even enter the RC Calibration mode (error of No RC Receiver or FC found..)

@WDZaphod - exactly right. Every one of those features you mentioned were no longer functional after I updated to 3.2.1.

Looks like I'm going back to 3.1.7, but I hated that Vendetta firmware - it was just way off right out of the box for my build. Anyone using different firmware on the Colibri? I'm running 4s on 5" tri-blade 5040's and freestyle is mostly my type of flying. Any one have suggestions on a firmware to flash?

@TBS - when will your Powercube/FPVision software be compatible with Spektrum and BF 3.2.1? I want to use Dynamic Notch Filtering and some of the other new awesome features that they introduced but not at the expense of being able to tune PID's at the field through my sticks!

Quote Originally Posted by qavflyer View Post
    I am using the Spektrum Quad Race Serial Receiver with Diversity. So with this receiver, if I upgrade to BF 3.2 I will not be able to have the OSD controls that I currently have with the FPVision (CorePro) and BF 3.1.7 such as Camera settings, VTX settings, PID settings, etc. Is TBS planning to address this and fix it with their own release of BF 3.2 via the TBS agent? I don't plan on upgrading to BF 3.2 until the "stable" release of it in Oct. so I hope TBS addresses this issue asap.
    I'm having this issue on two diff quads and going back to 3.1.7 doesn't resolve it and I have the most recent version of vtx software from tbs agent. Has anyone found a fix for this yet

Navigator
    BST is working again. I filed a bug report over at the bf github a while ago. Search for colibri race rebooting and you will bind a firmware version that will work.

I have serious doubts that it works. The Betafligth Team can / will not fix this, it's TBS Job to provide the Code. And the Reboot-Problem has nothing to do with the missing BST Support!
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Navigator
    Well, I have been running the revised target for little over a week now. It works.

https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/issues/3155

Also, the missing TBS support had everything to do with the reboot. Anyway, visit the thread linked above and read up on the info. You will find a hex with the fix almost at he very end of that thread.
    Last edited by Telnoi; 26th August 2017 at 10:59 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Perna View Post
    Did you connect the OSD pin to the audio line of the cam input 1 of the FPVision board? Also make sure you use the latest stable or beta. The menu only shows up if it detects a valid signal on the audio line.
    Hi, I have just received my TBS G2 from you guys and have a question regarding the audio/OSD. I have a Powercube 2in1 FPVision and a Runcam Swift2 which has separate audio and OSD pins. Am I right that there is only one "A" pin on the Powercube, on camera input 1? How do I connect Audio and the FPV camera OSD? Why are there two camera ports in the first place, really to mount two FPV cams on the aircraft?

Im using the 2 in 1 FPVision V2 Powercore `with a Foxeer Monster. I have the camera plugged into cam port 2 and i see vid and OSD but its stuck on the test screen. It says Fail Count 20 and VTX min fail. Could you please help me get past this?
    BTW nothing happens when i do throttle 0 and left yaw for 4 seconds.
    Controller is set up in CleanFlight fine and quad arms and responds fine. Just an OSD issue