Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Powercube FPVision

Thanks a lot Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    I think I have six now, they are just such a nice package and super support from TBS.
    had the time now to compare the Elite Bundle/FPV Vision to other FC/OSD combinations.
    +nicely integrated with Colibri Race
    +runs very cool compared to separate vtx/unify race
    +easy installation
    +almost no soldering required
    -outdated and buggy OSD (misses many important Betaflight settings compared to Betaflight OSD, such as setpoint weight & digital idle)
    -Inaccurate current sensor that only goes up till 100A? It's obvious to me the sensor is capped. If I fly hard (flight time 2m as opposed to 4), my lipo delivers 300mah less. There is no way.
    -very thin PCB. I ripped two pcbs at the standoff corner (Colibri & Vision Pro)
    -they delivered the WRONG xt-60 plug (female). I thought TBS was trolling me.

Perhaps worst of all. TBS uses proprietary hardware and their betaflight target has to be maintained/checked by TBS developers. They are simply not putting any effort into 3.2, which is almost nearing release. BST (required for the FPV Vision OSD to talk to the flight controller) is causing a reboot loop and so far TBS has refused to look into the matter, stating that users should stick to official releases.

That means that nobody is able to test the 3.2 release in advance for the TBS specific target and that customers buying TBS gear will have to wait for new Betaflight releases to be properly supported well after a release date.

That's not really a PRO attitude for such an expensive product.
    Last edited by Telnoi; 5th July 2017 at 03:17 AM.

Really don't care that much about 3.2, 3.1.7 is great already. I see more than 120A at times.
    Last edited by PeteDee; 5th July 2017 at 05:49 PM.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Navigator
    Really don't care that much about 3.2, 3.1.7 is great already. I see more than 120A at times.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    3.2 fixes a critical bug for those flying horizon mode (quad dropping loosing angle after cutting throttle) and introduces dynamic notch filtering (something similar to what makes Raceflight great).

I imagine it will be of great importance to many customers.

Really, is there seriously people still flying horizon mode when acro is so good?

So what will notch filters give me when I am seeing no problem with my current tune?
    Last edited by PeteDee; 5th July 2017 at 05:52 PM.

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Navigator
    Really, is there seriously people still flying horizon mode when acro is so good?
    Horizon mode is typically used by beginners & judging by the amount of complaints over at RCGROUPS, a fair amount of people still use it.

So what will notch filters give me when I am seeing no problem with my current tune?
    You already have notch filters enabled most likely if you haven't messed around with anything other than your PIDs.

For a proper tune, you first determine the noise frequency of your quad for pitch, roll and yaw (impossible to do with Powercube/Elite bundle since it does not have onboard flash or an sdcard slot for blackbox) after which you can set the notch filters properly. Only then should you move on to adjust the PIDs for a proper tune.

That said, the benefits should be obvious. Dynamic notch filtering:
    -reduces the tuning complexity (I have noise on my yaw axis, can't determine the noise frequency/no blackbox)
    -automatically adjusts based on the state of your props and motors. Clipped gates, bent motor axis will not cause as much issues during flight
    -reduced prop wash/higher D possible without overheating motors

The above mentioned features are enough to warrant the existence of Raceflight. That is how important such developments are.

That said, TBS equipment is good but expensive. I would hope that we are in part paying for excellent firmware support, but that is currently not the case.

P.S. Before I continue this discussion, I would love to know if you are somehow affiliated/sponsored by or paid by TBS. You seem to take care of most of the TBS support here and therefore may be biased in your replies/most people don't do that out of the kindness of their heart. A paying customer most likely has a slightly different view on things.
    Last edited by Telnoi; 7th July 2017 at 05:21 AM.

Navigator
    Oh yeah, another reason for supporting 3.2 would be blheli 32 bit.

Sponsored, yeah they gave me a hat once........... but seriously nope just like the easy of install and fabulous support.

Personally I try not to get to hung up or anal about what is coming next, BF3.1.7 on my Colibri's is working great for me, at some time when others have done more testing I will update but not yet.... just getting all my quads working on Dshot, will be a while before I care about yet another ESC protocol.

Good luck with your Raceflight gear.

Cheers

Pete

Navigator
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not own any raceflight gear. I am opposed to closed source development.

How do you configure this without an fc? i just got one with a wing layer for a new medium range wing build i'm working on, and idk how to set it up. I wont be using a crossfire as i cant afford one yet, i just want the osd and powerful vtx. i will be using the tbs gps with it too