Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Race Tracker

yes, there's a 2nd app coming but it will take some more time. we were very close to publishing it a week ago, but a new feature completely bricked it

Just the basics will do me fine....
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Navigator
    My TBS tracker is garbage. It doesnt work....

First off, connectivity is crap. Always disconnecting, withing 6ft of tablet.

Secondly, it doesnt detect when craft passes .

I've only gotten this to work once...

Product nowhere ready IMO.

Why was this released?? omg.

Hey Guys, Pete here from Done Squad. There are lots of trackers in the wild and so far there have been very few reported issues. But when we do hear about them we can usually get it sorted pretty quick. First of all, please read our FAQ. It has a setup video and more videos to help you get started are in the works.

http://community.dronesquad.com/t/tb...tracker-faq/57

If you need support, the best place is to start a chat with us in the app. They will get our attention the fastest.

pete

Just received 4 Racetrackers. What is the little antenna for? I don't see any point to connect it to.

Also, is pairing necessary? I've tried pairing the racetrackers to my mobile then to my tablet (both Android) and it doesn't pair. However it does connect using the DroneSquad app.

Quote Originally Posted by evilmerlin View Post
    Just received 4 Racetrackers. What is the little antenna for? I don't see any point to connect it to.

Also, is pairing necessary? I've tried pairing the racetrackers to my mobile then to my tablet (both Android) and it doesn't pair. However it does connect using the DroneSquad app.
    Can't speak to the antennas but please follow the instructions in the app or FAQ for pairing & setup. Do not go to your bluetooth settings.

Navigator
    Little antennas?? what.

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    My TBS tracker is garbage. It doesnt work....

First off, connectivity is crap. Always disconnecting, withing 6ft of tablet.

Secondly, it doesnt detect when craft passes .

I've only gotten this to work once...

Product nowhere ready IMO.

Why was this released?? omg.
    yappy, the min laptime is currently set to 10 seconds, this is probably why your passes are not being detected. Pete is working hard on an update to DroneSquad where this parameter is exposed. If your connectivity is bad, please contact our customer support we'll look into this ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by evilmerlin View Post

We have started shipping spare antennas right as we received the first complaints about lack of range. I'm suspecting that some antennas are not good, but I'm relying on user feedback to test it. All of the trackers I still have here get 50+m range on all of the phones we bought for testing.

I have had my first session with the trackers and they don't seem to be working or at least only intermittently.
    I am using the tracker with Android (v7 on phone and v6 on tablet), using the DroneSquad app and the Unify Race VTx. Initially, I was having a lot of issues with bluetooth connectivity but I saw the video about elevating and having the antenna face the correct way. Did that and managed to get better Bluetooth connectivity. That should really have been communicated in a manual or at least in that short blurb on the box. Would have saved me so much grief initially

Next comes the actual usage of the tracker. I connected the tracker in DroneSquad, started a time trial and started flying but nothing happens. The app says the tracker is running but the tracker itself doesn't show the "center green, ring off" status and passing the tracker multiple times would not give me a timing at all. So I tried just walking my quad to see if it would start tracking, started a new time trial and it somehow had the "center green, ring off" status. Walk a few laps and managed to get some times. I thought brilliant, let's try flying now. I got ONE flying time trial that worked. Every other further attempts got me nothing. I tried it with 3 different trackers and they gave me the same result. Nothing.

Also, long pressing the center button would never put the tracker in pairing mode. I had to turn the tracker off, turn the bluetooth on my device off before I can get the tracker to re-enter pairing mode.

I have tried uninstalling the DroneSquad and reinstalling it. Still doesn't do anything.

So in all in all, not a very positive first experience with it to be honest.
    Last edited by evilmerlin; 15th November 2016 at 08:51 AM.

Navigator
    I am having similar experience as 'evilmerlin'.

I got so frustrated I wanted to throw the thing into a wall.

I ordered 2, one came from pirofliprc and I am still waiting on the other from heli-nation... The pirofliprc one did NOT come with any extra small antenna.

I am hoping I have a different experience with the one from heli-nation. Before I return the other or go to TBS support.