Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: TBS Race Tracker

Navigator
    PM sent.

I just got my racetracker this weekend and tested it out at the house with the Tiny Whoop. It worked flawlessly after I figured out how to set it up (thanks to this thread). Today when I went out to test with my 210 quad, it was calling out lap times even when I wasn't remotely close to the tracker. So I stopped the timing in the app and unplugged the quad. I started a new time trial and it was counting off laps every 7-9 seconds and the tracker itself was changing the color of the leds like a quad was passing it. I used my diversity band scanner in goggles to see if maybe any other frequencies were interfering close to what I had the tracker set to (5685 MHz) but there was nothing. Any ideas what might cause this?

Navigator
    Did you re-calibrate it with the new quad? The Tiny Whoops usually has a 25mw vtx, so if you are trying to use the same settings with a 200/600mw VTX, it wont work very well, as it'll pick up the signal much earlier.

Yes, I did calibrate it again with the 200mW VTX.

the only thing that could cause this is a mis-calibration. e.g. if your tracker was on channel R5, and your quad was on Channel R1, and you hit calibrate. Then it will calibrate to a super low value, and get triggered at random times. Or you were too far away when calibrating, or other issues like this.

Navigator
    I also found that even using different 200mw VTX's would require a re-calibration.

I did re-calibrate that day, but it didn't have an effect. The timer would just count off laps every 7-9 sec without the quad even being on. I tried again today and it works with both the Tiny Whoop and the mini quad if I calibrate each time. One thing I noticed that I didn't before is if I select the sensitivity as low, med. or high, then after calibration that selection goes away and none is selected. The racetracker will work that way, but if I select the sensitivity after calibration, the tracker doesn't work. I'm using the iOS Drone Squad app. Is that a bug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DustyVisor; 10th January 2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling