Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Race Tracker

Navigator
    PM sent.

I just got my racetracker this weekend and tested it out at the house with the Tiny Whoop. It worked flawlessly after I figured out how to set it up (thanks to this thread). Today when I went out to test with my 210 quad, it was calling out lap times even when I wasn't remotely close to the tracker. So I stopped the timing in the app and unplugged the quad. I started a new time trial and it was counting off laps every 7-9 seconds and the tracker itself was changing the color of the leds like a quad was passing it. I used my diversity band scanner in goggles to see if maybe any other frequencies were interfering close to what I had the tracker set to (5685 MHz) but there was nothing. Any ideas what might cause this?

Navigator
    Did you re-calibrate it with the new quad? The Tiny Whoops usually has a 25mw vtx, so if you are trying to use the same settings with a 200/600mw VTX, it wont work very well, as it'll pick up the signal much earlier.

Yes, I did calibrate it again with the 200mW VTX.

the only thing that could cause this is a mis-calibration. e.g. if your tracker was on channel R5, and your quad was on Channel R1, and you hit calibrate. Then it will calibrate to a super low value, and get triggered at random times. Or you were too far away when calibrating, or other issues like this.

Navigator
    I also found that even using different 200mw VTX's would require a re-calibration.

I did re-calibrate that day, but it didn't have an effect. The timer would just count off laps every 7-9 sec without the quad even being on. I tried again today and it works with both the Tiny Whoop and the mini quad if I calibrate each time. One thing I noticed that I didn't before is if I select the sensitivity as low, med. or high, then after calibration that selection goes away and none is selected. The racetracker will work that way, but if I select the sensitivity after calibration, the tracker doesn't work. I'm using the iOS Drone Squad app. Is that a bug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DustyVisor; 10th January 2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    not likely at the moment, we are focussing on android / iOS systems.

thanks a lot for the input. the antennas got rushed in absolutely last-second as we shipped out a small batch and some of the antennas were giving problems. there was a time-period of less than 1 week where we shipped like that, all other units had their antennas replaced from factory.

the expansion port functionality will blow people's minds for sure, and it won't be too restrictive on use.
    Hi Trappy,

I've been pretty excited about this tracker but have been holding off awhile until the bugs bugs get worked out. Have you made any batches since sending ones with the separate antenna included ? If so, how can I be sure I'm getting the newest one from which vendor ? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Photolad61 View Post
    Hi Trappy,

I've been pretty excited about this tracker but have been holding off awhile until the bugs bugs get worked out. Have you made any batches since sending ones with the separate antenna included ? If so, how can I be sure I'm getting the newest one from which vendor ? Thank you.
    we havent changed much, we just had some issues on the antennas, but I highly doubt any are still available in the wild

Great, Thanks I will be ordering soon.