Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Race Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    thanks, that's really good information. What instructional eventually helped you to get it all working? Would be great to hear how you worked through the issues so that we can "pave the way" for the next batches.
    I ordered my TBS Race Tracker on November 15, and downloaded the Drone Squad app the same day, I didn't use the app much and never looked for any information for the TBS Race Tracker until I received my unit. When your website says, "How it works Just place the RaceTracker on the start gate, pair it to the app and go! There is nothing that needs to be added to your drone" That makes me think everything else is automatic. Finding these instructions is what got me going http://community.dronesquad.com/t/tb...cker-setup/191 I wish these instructions were included with the unit or at least a link for these on the product page.
    The other problems I had were my own fault, at some point I set the minimum lap time to 300 seconds, so trying to get it to work while flying around my kitchen did not allow enough time between laps, once I put the min. lap time to 5 seconds I was good.

I will admit I think I did what many people do, I got the product, took it out of the box then tossed the box aside after not seeing instructions in the box. I now see on the end of the box you have the manual location in itty bitty text, I missed that as I wasn't looking for instructions on the outside of the box. Putting this link on the product page would also help http://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-r...ker-manual.pdf I'm still happy the product is great!

uwp app

Hi im using my surface to configer my cooter on the field. It would be nice then i can track lap times with the surface too. Is there an uwp app development?

Hi im using an Surface Pro 3 to configer my copter on the field. It would be nice if i can track my lap times on it also. Is there an UWP App in development?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedYFZ450 View Post
    I ordered my TBS Race Tracker on November 15, and downloaded the Drone Squad app the same day, I didn't use the app much and never looked for any information for the TBS Race Tracker until I received my unit. When your website says, "How it works Just place the RaceTracker on the start gate, pair it to the app and go! There is nothing that needs to be added to your drone" That makes me think everything else is automatic. Finding these instructions is what got me going http://community.dronesquad.com/t/tb...cker-setup/191 I wish these instructions were included with the unit or at least a link for these on the product page.
    The other problems I had were my own fault, at some point I set the minimum lap time to 300 seconds, so trying to get it to work while flying around my kitchen did not allow enough time between laps, once I put the min. lap time to 5 seconds I was good.

I will admit I think I did what many people do, I got the product, took it out of the box then tossed the box aside after not seeing instructions in the box. I now see on the end of the box you have the manual location in itty bitty text, I missed that as I wasn't looking for instructions on the outside of the box. Putting this link on the product page would also help http://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-r...ker-manual.pdf I'm still happy the product is great!
    As a returning TBS customer I knew to look at the box for QR codes and tiny URLs to their support documentation, but unfortunately the documentation was very inaccurate and sparse. I don't know if TBS was trying to beat a competitor to market or what, but the tracker would have greatly benefited from being released a couple months later - or at the very least with regularly updated documentation. Once they update the manual and fix the link to the TBS Tracker app that's on the box I think people will be up and running much quicker.

As a maker I was really happy to see that the PCB has the factory test pads clearly marked, I can't wait to start digging around to see what else I can get this thing to do. It's an exciting piece of tech, and brings lap timing to a whole new subset of the R/C market. The fact that they included an extended Bluetooth antenna (another thing that really needs to be specified in the manual, there is no mention of it at all currently so I bet a lot of people threw it away) and an expansion port/cable. That's a very forward thinking feature that a lot of companies either ignore or just release a product version 2 a few months later and make their customers buy an entirely new unit with a couple minor changes. I'm very curious to see what ideas TBS has in mind for the expansion port, and just hope that it's a universal feature and not something locked to either the Tango Tx or some other TBS product. At any rate, now that I'm up and running the product is worth every penny I paid for it. I just hope they keep working on the TBS Tracker app as Drone Squad is almost unusable and both have hideous UIs. If that ends up being the biggest complaint then TBS has a real winner with this.

Navigator
    OK so I just stumbled on a post on some random forum that said the RaceTracker comes with a separate Bluetooth antenna because the original units had a defective antenna. So am I supposed to open the unit up and replace the antenna with the one that came loose in the box? If that's the case, that's another thing that you guys REALLY need to put into the manual. I mean it should have been swapped out before it ever shipped to me, but the fact that there's no mention of it anywhere is pretty inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by hermi6479 View Post
    Hi im using my surface to configer my cooter on the field. It would be nice then i can track lap times with the surface too. Is there an uwp app development?
    not likely at the moment, we are focussing on android / iOS systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripps View Post
    As a returning TBS customer I knew to look at the box for QR codes and tiny URLs to their support documentation, but unfortunately the documentation was very inaccurate and sparse. I don't know if TBS was trying to beat a competitor to market or what, but the tracker would have greatly benefited from being released a couple months later - or at the very least with regularly updated documentation. Once they update the manual and fix the link to the TBS Tracker app that's on the box I think people will be up and running much quicker.

As a maker I was really happy to see that the PCB has the factory test pads clearly marked, I can't wait to start digging around to see what else I can get this thing to do. It's an exciting piece of tech, and brings lap timing to a whole new subset of the R/C market. The fact that they included an extended Bluetooth antenna (another thing that really needs to be specified in the manual, there is no mention of it at all currently so I bet a lot of people threw it away) and an expansion port/cable. That's a very forward thinking feature that a lot of companies either ignore or just release a product version 2 a few months later and make their customers buy an entirely new unit with a couple minor changes. I'm very curious to see what ideas TBS has in mind for the expansion port, and just hope that it's a universal feature and not something locked to either the Tango Tx or some other TBS product. At any rate, now that I'm up and running the product is worth every penny I paid for it. I just hope they keep working on the TBS Tracker app as Drone Squad is almost unusable and both have hideous UIs. If that ends up being the biggest complaint then TBS has a real winner with this.
    OK so I just stumbled on a post on some random forum that said the RaceTracker comes with a separate Bluetooth antenna because the original units had a defective antenna. So am I supposed to open the unit up and replace the antenna with the one that came loose in the box? If that's the case, that's another thing that you guys REALLY need to put into the manual. I mean it should have been swapped out before it ever shipped to me, but the fact that there's no mention of it anywhere is pretty inexcusable.
    thanks a lot for the input. the antennas got rushed in absolutely last-second as we shipped out a small batch and some of the antennas were giving problems. there was a time-period of less than 1 week where we shipped like that, all other units had their antennas replaced from factory. I will admit that the launch was rather rushed, trying to meet some deadlines with several projects sidetracking our team. at TBS we have a road-map and sticking to that road-map is very important as we have several development branches and they all need to intersect at specific points. it's all a bit "businessy", but tl;dr, yes the launch was rushed, and yes, we'll be revisiting all of these things as soon as there's time.

the expansion port functionality will blow people's minds for sure, and it won't be too restrictive on use.

Navigator
    So I do need to swap the antennas out?

I can totally understand things being rushed, and at least the antennas were included at all. The manual needs some dire attention, that would solve the vast majority of people's problems. The main points need to be fixing the links, mentioning the antenna and instructions for it, more comprehensive instructions on how to actually get up and running, and an FAQ/Troubleshooting section where you can put the most asked questions you get and things like the battery bug that's not letting people show a full charge (and the fact that a future update will make it go away).

So I do need to swap the antennas out?

I can totally understand things being rushed, and at least the antennas were included at all. The manual needs some dire attention, that would solve the vast majority of people's problems. The main points need to be fixing the links, mentioning the antenna and instructions for it, more comprehensive instructions on how to actually get up and running, and an FAQ/Troubleshooting section where you can put the most asked questions you get and things like the battery bug that's not letting people show a full charge (and the fact that a future update will make it go away).
    If you have problems with range, you can swap them out and get a boost in range. 2am, flashing event trackers, so like I said, I will get to it as soon as I can

Navigator
    Are you in freaking Hong Kong? Haha

If you want I can type some stuff up if you want to save some time. Then you could just edit it and put it in whenever you get a moment.

any support helps. would be awesome. if you have a google docs account I can share access to the manual