Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: TBS Race Tracker

Navigator
    anyone playing with beta firmware? Did not get how to calibrate aditional channels. When you press calibrate only main channel calibrates, other ones stay on very low sensitivity.

Tested mine out today even though some of the reports haven't been good, I trust that there was a good product in there.
    Great packaging, small, and I found it easy to setup, once I knew that it was totally discharged.
    My confusion in this was based on video reports that it comes half charged and they were using it out of the box.
    Not true.
    Thanks Rotorgeeks and David for setting me straight.
    Now for the price, this is a great product. There are those wanting multi pilot support when all the guys I fly around with are find buying one for themselves. First off, then you have it when you want to practice, secondly, if it is more accurate just tracking one at a time, then I would rather have my own.
    My friend and I were both extremely impressed today.
    We didn't have it that far away from us, since range is limited I hear, and I wanted to give the device the best chance possible.
    So I set it up on the foam pad that I take off from, and to calibrate, walked about four yards away and calibrated.
    Then set it to fly over start, and just did a ten lap mock track.
    As advertised. Worked really well and impressed my friend that he was ordering one tonight.
    I will need to carve out the plastic a bit to allow normal USB cables to charge it without taking the front off, but if that is my biggest complaint at this time it is minor.
    Filled out the form for getting the new antenna, hope that fixes range issues, but so far, does what it promises and pretty accurately.

Now, a question.
    Are you supposed to set this up in the middle of your gate?
    Says in the manual that it is a bubble, place in the middle of your gate.
    Now I am sure it is tough, but how tough?
    If that is how it works best, then I will need to 3d print something or wrap it in a carved up pool noodle so that it doesn't get destroyed.
    We just had it at the edge, and calibrated a distance that we knew we would be flying inside of and when we were outside of it going around, it didn't register, which was correct.
    Will update now that I have the beta once I play with it a little more.

My TBS racetracker won't charge. I've only been using it for a week and it worked fine the first day. I tried it week later and now it won't charge. I've tried plugging it in over night and when I got to use it it gives me a low battery warning and then turns off. When I try to connect it fast before it turns off, the app says 0% charge on the battery, and then it disconnects. The Racetracker works fine when plugged into a power source. I've contacted TBS support and they got me to fill out a form requesting a new PCB to install. However, it seems like the new PCBs are to address an issue of batteries discharging too fast. Mine came out of the box with a 75% charge. Unless it was charged the day before it doesn't sound like a problem with discharging. Seems like it's a problem with my battery, not PCB.

Anyone else have this problem?

Same problem, ever got a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLe813 View Post
    i tried updating the firmware on my tracker now it's stuck in boot loader, flashing purple ring.
    Having the same issue, can't get out of purple flashing. Ever got a solution to this?

Thanks for any insights,

Robert

Yes it did turn off the tracker but when I turn it back on its again PURPLE FLASHING :-(

Might still be in bootloader mode, can you connect to it? If you can go in and do an update.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

TBS Race Tracker Issue

Hey there hope anyone can help. I tried updating my race tracker, it started then just lost connection & turned red & green. And wouldn't turn off or do anything. I tried long pressing & nothing. Finally the battery died & it turned off but now it won't turn back on. Even when i connect usb to charge. Nothing... Please advise or help...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrisco View Post
    Yes it did turn off the tracker but when I turn it back on its again PURPLE FLASHING :-(
    purple flashing means it's in bootloader mode. you have to try to update the tracker again.

Quote Originally Posted by viafterlife View Post
    Hey there hope anyone can help. I tried updating my race tracker, it started then just lost connection & turned red & green. And wouldn't turn off or do anything. I tried long pressing & nothing. Finally the battery died & it turned off but now it won't turn back on. Even when i connect usb to charge. Nothing... Please advise or help...
    please open a support ticket

Navigator
    How do I update the firmware of my race tracker? I got the board replacement that will hopefully fix the range issues I was having, but now my tracker has no id when using the drone squad app and I can't get it to recognise my vtx at all. I'm hoping a firmware update will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFCH View Post
    How do I update the firmware of my race tracker? I got the board replacement that will hopefully fix the range issues I was having, but now my tracker has no id when using the drone squad app and I can't get it to recognise my vtx at all. I'm hoping a firmware update will fix it.
    on facebook "TBS RaceTracker" group there is a form to fill out if you have no ID. You will need to use an android phone with the "TBS TRACKER" app to update the TBS RaceTracker firmware. DroneSquad is currently in development to support the latest firmware.