Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TBS G2

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by markws View Post
    Can I pls clarify which side of the frame is the top?
    The top is the flat surface of the frame. The bottom facing side has the cutout / milled square in the center. I suspect the design decision for this was so the screws that hold down the flight controller from the bottom side do not bite into a battery slung along the bottom - because the screws are somewhat counter-sunk. I have mine flying like this.

I have the 7" carbon fiber frame - there is no milling around the motor mounts? Just straight holes thru for the motor mount screws.

Navigator
    yep - thanks for the reply.

Specs for the TBS 1450v Endurance motor?

Name:  TBS endurance.PNG
Views: 184
Size:  12.3 KB

Hi all! I am thinking about buying the TBS endurance motors but I was keen on calculating the setup flight time etc on 6s with 6inch props but I dont know all of the specs? Can anyone help me out?

Cheers!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobran View Post
    Hi all! I am thinking about buying the TBS endurance motors ......
    I have some actual data - with the 7" Carbon G2 frame with the TBS1450 motors and green HQPROP 7x4.5 props, PowerCube, EagleTree MicroVector, Runcam Swift, 2.4GZ Unify, and a Crossfire Micro. Its weight without the battery is 379 grams. With a Tattu 1550 4S it weighs 575 grams and I regularly get 15 minute flights out that with 1/2 of the time in hover the rest scooting around at full throttle. It can easily lift a 4500ma 4S although I have not timed that. That's the biggest battery I have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DWB80117 View Post
    I have some actual data - with the 7" Carbon G2 frame with the TBS1450 motors and green HQPROP 7x4.5 props, PowerCube, EagleTree MicroVector, Runcam Swift, 2.4GZ Unify, and a Crossfire Micro. Its weight without the battery is 379 grams. With a Tattu 1550 4S it weighs 575 grams and I regularly get 15 minute flights out that with 1/2 of the time in hover the rest scooting around at full throttle. It can easily lift a 4500ma 4S although I have not timed that. That's the biggest battery I have right now.
    Zippy 5000mah 4S with no problem. ~500g. I suspect the current sensor is reading high. I'll know for sure when I charge that battery tonight. Anyone have a good Betaflight 3.1.7 tune? I spent some time yesterday trying to get mine vibration free.. I turned off all filtering except the PT1 and got it flying decently, but there's still some propwash and bumpiness to the ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-09-22h26m44s541.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	77172
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chile Vuela View Post
    Zippy 5000mah 4S with no problem. ~500g. I suspect the current sensor is reading high. I'll know for sure when I charge that battery tonight. Anyone have a good Betaflight 3.1.7 tune? I spent some time yesterday trying to get mine vibration free.. I turned off all filtering except the PT1 and got it flying decently, but there's still some propwash and bumpiness to the ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-09-22h26m44s541.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	77172
    Mind Sharing your pids/filter settings?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chile Vuela View Post
    Zippy 5000mah 4S with no problem. ~500g. I suspect the
    Wish I could help but I'm using a Vector, and with the stock PIDs it flies unbelievably stable in all modes so I'm sure you will get there. When I first built the copter it was pretty wobbly - turned out the 5v signal from the Powercube was flakey and not providing enough current to the VTX and Vector. I replaced the PDB and bingo. The other day I was testing a 3S 2200ma to see how long it would last and just let the G2 hover with GPS hold 5m overhead. Rock solid. Also, got 10 minutes out of that battery.

Pids:
    Roll 43, 28, 8
    Pitch 45, 31, 9
    Yaw 67,29

Gyro Notch 1 Frequency: 0
    Gyron Notch 2 Frequency: 0

D Term Lowpass: 50
    D Notch: 181
    D Notch cutoff: 120

However, I just received my blackbox, so I should have updated filter and PIDs soon. This is with HQ 7x4.5 props, 1400kv endurance motors, and the 2n1 escs (dshot 600).
    Last edited by Chile Vuela; 14th July 2017 at 01:11 AM.
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile