Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: TBS G2

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by markws View Post
    Can I pls clarify which side of the frame is the top?
    The top is the flat surface of the frame. The bottom facing side has the cutout / milled square in the center. I suspect the design decision for this was so the screws that hold down the flight controller from the bottom side do not bite into a battery slung along the bottom - because the screws are somewhat counter-sunk. I have mine flying like this.

I have the 7" carbon fiber frame - there is no milling around the motor mounts? Just straight holes thru for the motor mount screws.

Navigator
    yep - thanks for the reply.

Specs for the TBS 1450v Endurance motor?

Name:  TBS endurance.PNG
Views: 339
Size:  12.3 KB

Hi all! I am thinking about buying the TBS endurance motors but I was keen on calculating the setup flight time etc on 6s with 6inch props but I dont know all of the specs? Can anyone help me out?

Cheers!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobran View Post
    Hi all! I am thinking about buying the TBS endurance motors ......
    I have some actual data - with the 7" Carbon G2 frame with the TBS1450 motors and green HQPROP 7x4.5 props, PowerCube, EagleTree MicroVector, Runcam Swift, 2.4GZ Unify, and a Crossfire Micro. Its weight without the battery is 379 grams. With a Tattu 1550 4S it weighs 575 grams and I regularly get 15 minute flights out that with 1/2 of the time in hover the rest scooting around at full throttle. It can easily lift a 4500ma 4S although I have not timed that. That's the biggest battery I have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DWB80117 View Post
    I have some actual data - with the 7" Carbon G2 frame with the TBS1450 motors and green HQPROP 7x4.5 props, PowerCube, EagleTree MicroVector, Runcam Swift, 2.4GZ Unify, and a Crossfire Micro. Its weight without the battery is 379 grams. With a Tattu 1550 4S it weighs 575 grams and I regularly get 15 minute flights out that with 1/2 of the time in hover the rest scooting around at full throttle. It can easily lift a 4500ma 4S although I have not timed that. That's the biggest battery I have right now.
    Zippy 5000mah 4S with no problem. ~500g. I suspect the current sensor is reading high. I'll know for sure when I charge that battery tonight. Anyone have a good Betaflight 3.1.7 tune? I spent some time yesterday trying to get mine vibration free.. I turned off all filtering except the PT1 and got it flying decently, but there's still some propwash and bumpiness to the ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-09-22h26m44s541.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	77172
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chile Vuela View Post
    Zippy 5000mah 4S with no problem. ~500g. I suspect the current sensor is reading high. I'll know for sure when I charge that battery tonight. Anyone have a good Betaflight 3.1.7 tune? I spent some time yesterday trying to get mine vibration free.. I turned off all filtering except the PT1 and got it flying decently, but there's still some propwash and bumpiness to the ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-07-09-22h26m44s541.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	77172
    Mind Sharing your pids/filter settings?

Navigator
    Zippy 5000mah 4S with no problem. ~500g. I suspect the
    Wish I could help but I'm using a Vector, and with the stock PIDs it flies unbelievably stable in all modes so I'm sure you will get there. When I first built the copter it was pretty wobbly - turned out the 5v signal from the Powercube was flakey and not providing enough current to the VTX and Vector. I replaced the PDB and bingo. The other day I was testing a 3S 2200ma to see how long it would last and just let the G2 hover with GPS hold 5m overhead. Rock solid. Also, got 10 minutes out of that battery.

Pids:
    Roll 43, 28, 8
    Pitch 45, 31, 9
    Yaw 67,29

Gyro Notch 1 Frequency: 0
    Gyron Notch 2 Frequency: 0

D Term Lowpass: 50
    D Notch: 181
    D Notch cutoff: 120

However, I just received my blackbox, so I should have updated filter and PIDs soon. This is with HQ 7x4.5 props, 1400kv endurance motors, and the 2n1 escs (dshot 600).
    Last edited by Chile Vuela; 14th July 2017 at 02:11 AM.
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

sorry to reply to an old thread, but on the G2 frame where you mount flight controller you have four almost cutouts for lack of a better term. three are one size and one is larger. Which goes to the rear of the craft?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1664.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	77463

Navigator
    Pids:
    Roll 43, 28, 8
    Pitch 45, 31, 9
    Yaw 67,29

Gyro Notch 1 Frequency: 0
    Gyron Notch 2 Frequency: 0

D Term Lowpass: 50
    D Notch: 181
    D Notch cutoff: 120

However, I just received my blackbox, so I should have updated filter and PIDs soon. This is with HQ 7x4.5 props, 1400kv endurance motors, and the 2n1 escs (dshot 600).
    Hello Chile Vuela,

Greeting from Brazil

Did you get a chance to tune better your 7" G2 ?
    One thing that I'm curious is why your D so low...I'm really interested in know more about it.