Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TBS G2

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmerlin View Post
    What's the recommended material to print the Snoopy pod from?
    Does anybody see any location to fit the RX?
    For printing parts I've had good luck with regular PLA filament. If the holes needed are really small, I'll drill them out with a drill or Dremel.
    As far as RX placement, I'm going to tie it at the back of the frame on top if there is enough prop clearance - otherwise tie it on the bottom at the back and let the diversity antennas point down and will have to position them wider than the usual 90 degree split. That's not optimal but with 7" props there is just not a lot of room left. Ill put the GPS puck in the front middle, that and battery placement should help the balance a bit.

Trappy, would there be a Magnus tune for the G2 set up?

no, we don't have a single type of recommended setup, so tunes will need to be made by yourself. it's fairly easy though, being a full-blown X-frame.

Cool. So what do you guys print your pods from? Trying to decide between ABS or Polyamide. Not sure of PLA is strong enough.

Navigator
    By pods I guess you are meaning the Hero and Snoopy canopies? PLA should work fine. There is a ton of structural integrity in those designs. You could probably print that with PLA and then run over it with a truck and it wouldn't hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by DWB80117 View Post
    By pods I guess you are meaning the Hero and Snoopy canopies? PLA should work fine. There is a ton of structural integrity in those designs. You could probably print that with PLA and then run over it with a truck and it wouldn't hurt it.
    Good to know! Thanks! PLA it shall be then. Cheaper too.

Just received my G2 too
    As i am pretty new to powercube i have one question:

Should i plug the GPS in the BST port of the FPVision ?
    I hesitate with the GPS port on the colibri, but that one is 6 pins whereas the GPS unit has 5 pins.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DWB80117 View Post
    new build…. parts are now arriving

G2 7” Carbon frame
    HQ 7” 4.5 props
    TBS Powercube
    TBS 1450kv Endurance Motors
    Eagletree Micro FC w/GPS
    Lumenier CMOS-1200 16:9 camera
    TBS Unify 2.4gz vtx
    ezUHF RC rx

My mission for this project is wicked long distance / endurance with the smallest craft possible. After looking at Eagletree, Pixhawk and iNav I went with Eagletree because of the micro size, built in OSD, voltage monitoring, GPS waypoint following, and maturity. iNav sure looks interesting tho. The plan is to lop the TBS flight controller off the cube and swap in the Eagletree vector FC. It will require taller standoffs since the pins for the top ESC board in the stack are meant to plug into the TBS flight controller and prevent the Eagletree from sitting flush on the existing standoffs. I'll have to print some weird cage to hold the camera and the VTX.

I’ll start with a smallish battery and work my way up to the biggest thing it can lift and fly with. Going to use ezUHF for now because I have an extra one on the bench here - will probably move to the Crossfire when it’s back in stock.
    Please could you let me know how you connect the powercube to the Microvector?

Thanks!

Anyone has any pictures showing the installation of the powercube on this frame? Some close ups showing the antenna mount and the middle section would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | TBS Discovery PRO | TBS Discovery PRO AerialMob | TBS Gemini | TBS Vendetta | TBS Caipirinha | S1000+ | BOH | BOHex | Alien 4" 5" 6" | Runt | Flinch | Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Navigator
    Any suggestions whether I should use the Crossfire RX or the Micro RX?