I left the entire video in case there was some telemetry before the crash that is important, but the relevant incident occurs at 6:05 or so
- EZUHF - Set to high power
- Immersion 8ch Diversity RX
- 2x servos control surfaces
- 2x servos pan/tilt
- CG set too far forward and needed to keep up input applied
I left the entire video in case there was some telemetry before the crash that is important, but the relevant incident occurs at 6:05 or so.
The plane seemed to bank left and then spiral to the ground not responding to TX input. I though perhaps:
- Brown out and the servos stopped responding due to lack of power
- But, I think the throttle responded when current goes to almost zero a few seconds before impact
- I remember killing throttle after the dive, but I'm not sure when. Could this throttle response be the RX recovering from brown out?
- Left wing came off
- But in the shadow on the ground it looks like the wing is still there... After it hit the ground it wasn't
- Signal interferance
- Link quality seems very strong the entire flight
- I'm not exactly sure how to read the RSSI
I think brown out is the probably culprit, but I am not confident.
- I am running my camera from channel 8 on the RX
- I am not sure what the amperage limitations of the RX are, but I'm getting a 5V stepdown to power the camera from another location.
- If there was a brown out that was caused by the camera wouldn't the video be interrupted?
Thanks for your insight!